This year Jenkins project participates in Hacktoberfest: https://jenkins.io/events/hacktoberfest . This is a global 1-month event promoting open-source. We invite everybody interested in Jenkins and other open-source projects to attend the event, contribute something, and get some Hacktoberfest swag.
This is an event focused on students and newcomers who want to contribute to open-source. You are welcome to work on Jenkins itself and on other projects. We will have experienced Jenkins contributors at the event, and they will be happy to provide advice.
- 09:30 - Doors open
- 10:00 - Oleg Nenashev, Contributing to open-source. Intro to Hacktoberfest, Google Summer of Code and other programs
- 10:30 - Oleg Nenashev, Show & Tell - How to contribute to Jenkins? Overview of ways to contribute and newbie-friendly issues
- 11:00 - Split up to teams and start hacking + ad-hoc knowledge transfers
- 18:00 - Wrap-up & demos
* Try Jenkins in your projects!
* Warnings Plugin
* Let's Document Jenkins together: Features, migration from Wiki, demos
* Test automation: Unit tests, Web UI tests with Selenium, Performance micro-benchmarks with JMH
* // Please propose your topics in comments
Please read our Events Code of Conduct (http://do.co/hacktoberconduct) before attending. Happy hacking! And make sure to bring your laptop!