addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Netherlands Roleplaying Guild Message Board Looking for....... › Starting a D&D 3.5 or 4.0 group in Groningen

Starting a D&D 3.5 or 4.0 group in Groningen

Scyke
user 79520542
Groningen, NL
Post #: 3
Hello all!
I am looking for players living in or near the city of Groningen for a steady Dungeons and Dragons group.
We currently have three members (a DM and two players). As the two players are new to the game and the DM has only ever played 3.5 rules, the group will have an introductory vibe.
We will probably start off with pre-made sessions to get used to the group/game and progress to a full-fledged campaign in the near future.

Ashley de J.
user 12115568
Rotterdam, NL
Post #: 5
I'm in! At least to give it a shot, anyway. My experience with D&D is mostly in 3rd edition (some 3.5). I'm a roleplay-heavy kinda gal, a little bit less into the nitty-gritty rule-lawyering elements of D&D and more into the creating and acting out of awesome (and often hilarious) story plots. That being said, I can be very useful in combat.
Jan Hein D.
user 88449962
Groningen, NL
Post #: 2
Glad to have you with us, Ashley!
Scyke
user 79520542
Groningen, NL
Post #: 4
Hey Ashley, thanks for the reply first of all!
We will probably be playing 3.5 since I'm not familiar with 3.0 or 4.0 rules (which is a prerequisite for DMing the sessions :P). Would that be okay with you?
A little bit about the group I'd like to form/be a part of: I'd like to create a fun and friendly atmosphere for all. I hate groups that let rules get into the way of a good story or the creativity of the players. I'd also like the players to be involved in all aspects of the game and wish to shape the story around your characters instead of forcing your characters to fit into my imaginings.
I think your mentality would be perfect for the kind of group I envision so you're more than welcome to join us when we get all members together.
Speaking of members: we currently have three players and I'd like to up that number to five. Preference goes to friendly and patient people though (we have two new players and a first-time DM so patience is a must) I'd rather have four of those than an obligatory fifth that clashes with the group. If you know someone who wants to try out the game or a veteran who wouldn't mind hanging with the newbies...they're more than welcome to join as well.

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi, I am also interested. I have played 3rd edition and 3.5 (3.5 is a tweaked version of 3 anyway) so i have some experience. I enjoy role play and ''roll play''. I don't really care if there is some rule changing, if it is clear from the start and most of us agree on those changes. Unfortunately i just moved in Groningen and i don't have my books with me but i have some in pdf form and i have a printer so i believe it won't be much of a problem. So i you're starting an english speaking group i would like to give it a go so please contact me for more information (location/ schedule etc)
Scyke
user 79520542
Groningen, NL
Post #: 5
Hey Kostas, glad to see you're interested!
We are indeed planning on starting an english speaking campaign/group. It won't be a problem that you don't have the books (we have two players that haven't even opened a D&D-book yet anyway).
About the rules: I don't plan on changing rules on the fly. There should be some order/predictability in the adventure. Since it is my first time DMing when I'm not sure how a particular situation works out I may invent my own rules in stead of stopping a game to look them up. Interrupting a story does far more damage to a campaign than a miscalculated DC in my opinion. This will probably be minor rules though (like calculating the DC to climb a wet rope).
I'll wait a bit (preferably for a fifth member) till I start contacting people for the specifics.

Taru
user 135484432
Groningen, NL
Post #: 2
Hi Michael,

Maybe a bit late, but are you still looking for players?

Kind regards, Taru Anne
Scyke
user 79520542
Groningen, NL
Post #: 7
Hey Taru,

Sorry for my late reply. I'm trying to form a new group for star wars edge of the empire. If you're interested in that, you can reply to the topic I made.

Cheers