Wat we doen
It's nearly October and that means it's time for a Data & AI Hacktoberfest!
This Hacktoberfest is open to everyone in our global community. Whether you’re a developer, student learning to code, experienced data scientist: you can help drive growth of open source and make positive contributions to an ever-growing community. All backgrounds and skills levels are encouraged to complete the challenge.
If you are able, after registration on https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/, to make four pull requests between October 1-31, you qualify for a t-shirt. Please take note that DigitalOcean handles this process.
This Data & AI Hacktoberfest has the focus on the Data & AI content from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/. You could work on i.e.:
- ML.NET documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/machine-learning/
- Azure Machine Learning: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/machine-learning/
- Azure Cognitive Services: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/
- Azure Bot Service: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/bot-service/bot-service-overview-introduction?view=azure-bot-service-4.0
- Azure Search: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/search/
- Azure Databricks: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-databricks/
- Power BI: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-what-is-desktop
Wortell will be our proud host in collaboration with Microsoft NL.
09:00-09:30 Welcome and Introduction to Hacktoberfest @ Wortell (Spaces, 5th floor)
09:30-16:30 Hack time @ Microsoft
16:30-17:00 Wrap up & Drinks @ Wortell
- laptop and charger
- preferable an Azure subscription (we have 25 passes for people that haven't got one)
- based on what you want to work on: Visual Studio, Power BI, Python enviroment, etc.
Please read our Events Code of Conduct (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gFKOhyUqMZzrZcbq8A_TpO5x9J9HK6agv70awCH8pyI/edit) before attending. Happy hacking!
If you are new to GitHub, please find herewith some tips & tricks:
- Introduction to Open Source: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorial_series/an-introduction-to-open-source
- How To Create a Pull Request on GitHub: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-create-a-pull-request-on-github
- GitHub cheat sheet: https://github.github.com/training-kit/downloads/github-git-cheat-sheet/