Join fellow technologists, entrepreneurs, and investors for the NY Enterprise Technology Meetup's (NYETM) September meetup on Wednesday 9/11/13 from 6:45pm-9:00pm!
For our September meetup we have some exciting companies demoing their technologies, including:
• Trapezoid (http://www.trapezoid.com/) - Trapezoid, the IT Infrastructure Security & Compliance company, protects enterprises, governments and service providers from an emerging class of “Advanced Subversive Threats” that are able to compromise organizations underneath existing security and encryption technologies. Trapezoid also enables trusted computing solutions, such as trusted cloud infrastructure, trusted network/data access and private/hybrid cloud workload boundary management.
• Narrative Science (http://www.narrativescience.com) - Narrative Science transforms data into stories. They helps companies find hidden insight in their data and allow for the creation of new content on an unprecedented scale. Their patented technology platform, Quill, automatically analyzes data and produces narratives that are contextually relevant, actionable and tailored. Content is created in many formats, allowing companies to improve decision-making, create new products and optimize customer interactions.
• Virtustream (http://www.virtustream.com) - Virtustream is a cloud innovator offering enterprise-class cloud solutions for enterprises, governments and service providers. Virtustream simplifies moving complex IT to the cloud - whether private, public or hybrid – delivering the full economic and business benefits of the cloud and virtualization. Virtustream offers xStream, a secure, high performance cloud solution, providing high availability, highly secure enterprise-class clouds, with application level SLAs. xStream is available both as a software solution for existing data centers/clouds and also as a managed service delivered from Virtustream’s virtual private cloud.
• Viivo (http://www.viivo.com) - Viivo is changing the way you use the Cloud. By creating a seamless, powerful security technology for all your secure file sharing and storage needs, they’re making the Cloud a safer place for everyone. In fact, you could say that smart, secure data sharing is truly part of their DNA. Viivo was created by PKWARE, the company who invented the .ZIP file way back in 1986. PKWARE’s current security products and services are used in billions of transactions by millions of customers every single day—including some of the world’s leading financial institutions, accountants, and law firms—to share confidential information with state-of-the-art security.
• Business App of the Month: Trek Medics (http://trekmedics.org/) - Trek Medics International is a nonprofit volunteer organization dedicated to improving emergency medical systems in developing countries, focusing on improved training, transportation, communications and management. Trek Medics is currently in beta-testing for BEACON, an SMS-based emergency medical dispatching software designed specifically for communities that wouldn't otherwise be able to afford advanced dispatching technologies - i.e., 911 where there is none.
Afterparty drinks sponsored by Bettercloud (http://www.bettercloud.com).
Sign up today, and if you have any questions, please contact Jon Lehr at [masked].
Looking forward to seeing you all soon!
Yours in collaboration,