addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The New York Cloud and Grid Computing Meetup Group Message Board › I want to Virtualize my Windows, UNIX Systems - and I w ant it FREE !!

I want to Virtualize my Windows, UNIX Systems - and I w ant it FREE !!

A former member
Post #: 2
If it's FREE is it any good?

YES!

VMware offer several really good Virtualization Products FREE ! I have been using them for years. Regardless of whether you want to build a GRID or CLOUD Solution, one of the Key starting points is to Virtualize "everything".

Even if you are purely a Windows Person, or an IT Support Consultant, or a Java Developer, you can do this. Honest. Just read below. I will be pleased to answer any questions. Or if any members out there - want to "jump in" and volunteer any thoughts, please do so.

I have been happy with VMware, but maybe you have not? Or do you have other solutions?

The following is from VMware, please see;
http://www.vmware.com...­

VMware vSphere Hypervisor is based on VMware ESXi, the hypervisor architecture that sets the industry standard for reliability, performance and ecosystem support. VMware vSphere Hypervisor is the easiest way to get started with virtualization—and it’s free. Consolidate your applications onto fewer servers and start saving money through reduced hardware, power, cooling and administration costs. With VMware vSphere Hypervisor, you can:

•Run multiple applications on a single server
•Run a greener datacenter and reduce energy costs
•Back up and recover applications more easily
•Virtualize even business-critical applications

New to virtualization? Download VMware vSphere Hypervisor with VMware Go, the web-based service that guides you through the installation and configuration process.