Happy new year!
We're glad to announce the next OpenStack CH user group meetup which will take place in Zurich, on Wednesday 9th of March 2016, from 18:00 to 20:30.
A big thanks to the kind folks from RedHat Zurich who have arranged the location for the event and are also sponsoring the event!
18:00 Start & 1st Session
19:30 2nd Session
18:00 to 18:10 - Intro & Welcome from Amrita/Andy
18:10 to 19:10 - Presentations - 3 (15-20 mins each)
1. OpenStack High-Availability with a Scale-Out Architecture - David Gurtner, Infrastructure Consultant, Red Hat - The traditional way to configure High-Availability in OpenStack is the 3 controller with Pacemaker/Corosync architecture on baremetal nodes.
2. A Tool for Understanding OpenStack Cloud Performance using Stacktach and the OpenStack Notification System - Bruno Grazioli, ICCLab, ZHAW
3. Backporting Openstack features - This talk shows how we backported to Openstack Juno of the RBD Object Map feature - Saverio Proto, SWITCH
19:10 -19:30 - Break
19:30 to 20:30 - Presentations - 3 (15-20 mins each)
4. Efficient multicloud with a Cloud Management Portal and Ansible - Giuseppe Paterno, Garl - This will be a quick talk on how I optimized workload in a complex oil&gas company to achieve their goals.
5. HA solutions for MySQL - Dimitri Vanoverbeke, Percona - OpenStack has a need to be highly available. The talk will focus on open source DB usage, restoring, maintaining but also HA-high availability using OpenStack
6. Fuel 8 in a nutshell - Chris Bingham - Fuel is an OpenStack deployment tool and was recently accepted into the OpenStack Big Tent. The latest release, 8.0, is out at the end of February, and we'll have a whistle stop tour of what's new in this release.
20:30 - Apéro sponsored by Red Hat, Zürich
Looking forward to seeing you all at the meetup!
Thanks & regards,
Andy & Amrita