Combined efforts with Bike Ottawa (https://bikeottawa.ca) "Citizens for Safe Cycling" we are going to be mapping the Cycling infrastructure in Ottawa using the OpenStreetMap Bike Ottawa Tagging Guide (https://github.com/osmottawa/OSM-Bike-Ottawa-Tagging-Guide). Also the local Ottawa community has been adding over 500K photos to Mapillary (https://www.mapillary.com/app/?focus=map&lat=45.38246685394097&lng=-75.70782040912577&z=11.827789431296184) & OpenStreetCam (http://firstname.lastname@example.org,-75.68438529968263,13z) which will be used as reference to map the cycling related features.
• 6h00 - 6h15: Socializing & Mingle
• 6h15 - 6h30: Round of introductions
• 6h30 - 7h00: Introduction to mapping cycling infrastructure using OSM
• 7h00 - 8h30: Mapping OSM cycling infrastructure in Ottawa
• 8h30+: Hangout, edit more in OSM & socialize.
What to bring:
• Laptop + Mouse
• Create OpenStreetMap account (https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/new)
• New to OSM? LearnOSM.org (http://learnosm.org/) or TeachOSM.org (http://teachosm.org/)