addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

OpenTechSchool RheinMain Message Board › End of round #1

End of round #1

A former member
Hello everyone,

weekend at last and time to catch up with things.
First of all thanks to all of you who joined us for the first Kick off meeting, you helped make something special happen and I was thrilled to be part of it !!
Right for those who sadly missed it, I will give a brief summary:
#1 init (OTS)  => Thanks, Vision, Motivation
#2 Intro group members (who, what, where, TAG1, TAG2, TAG3)
#3 Technology TAG cloud collection
#4 Soup & Beer BREAK
#5 TAG clustering
#6 Group work to develop cluster content / project ideas
#7 Group presentation of result
#8 Summary & Next Steps ==>>>>  3rd Wednesday in month Jour fixe
#9 Meeting close
#10 Networking
OK that is just too brief but it's hard to put in words what really happened, you will simply have to join us next time to appreciate the creative atmosphere and team spirit.
So what next?
OK the idea is to teach and learn, out TAG cloud has enough buss words to last for a week full of meeting :-) so we thought about creating projects to realise that can be used to teach the technology as we go.
We have 3 main groups (this can change, members too)
Group Technology
Project #1 drones & more (javascript, nodejs, html5 etc etc)
Group Makers
Project #2 lego mindstorms, building a robot that can walk and shoot
Group Design
Project #3 Social Innovation, perpetual prototyping, social location, seo ing your CV for the HR bots
So as you can imagine lots of ideas were created and discussed but more importantly we laid the foundation for the future of OTS_RM and that is not the what but the who and the who is you, so I look forward to the next meeting.
The project group are obviously autonomous and plan to meet or mail before the next jour fixe what was really interesting is that several member wanted to carry on the next day :-)
The good thing is with Lab75 and the people who run it is that we have a creative den that we can use as a meeting point to work on our projects.
So what about courses, content and stuff like that, well we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. I hope this will evolve as we go along, if we time is right I think a workshop day in May or June might make sense where we can show some of our results but this is a nice to have and not a must.
I enjoyed the evening so much, we laughed a lot met lots of new interesting people and I think a fun time was had by all, the sharing experience is such fun!
Our next official jour fixe is the 3rd Wednesday of the month so the 19th Feb, mark you calendar and spread the word to like minded people.
Have a great weekend!
#RheinMainRocks
Best Regards
Darren & OTS_RM Team