What we're about
This is for anyone who loves to dine out with friends and have wonderful food, drinks, and conversations.
We are fortunate to have a vibrant restaurant scene in Ottawa, with good old standbys and new adventurous chefs opening up their own places almost every day.
I have always found joy in going to these restaurants with friends old and new, enjoy the ambience, have wonderful conversations, and make good friendships at the same time.
I like that the Meetup concept makes it easy for people to come out individually to participate in various events. In the eating out area, I personally enjoy attending events at Ottawa Dinner Club (https://www.meetup.com/Ottawa-Dinner-Club/), Shake a Leg Ottawa for 40+ (https://www.meetup.com/shake-a-leg-Ottawa-for-40/), and Bite of Asia (https://www.meetup.com/biteasia/), and will continue to participate in their events.
This group will be somewhat different in that:
• Events will be smaller - around 6-8 people, to facilitate everyone getting to know each other and to have one conversation around the table.
• While not exclusively, we will be proactive in finding new and interesting restaurants to try, and this should include great places that seem to have escaped attention somehow.
• This group will be small by design, so only active members will stay to allow for new members to join.
• This group is not about dating, any inappropriate behaviour such as cruising will get you removed.
• We need to be respectful of the restaurants we visit, therefore no-shows without proper advanced notice will not be tolerated.
• Please provide a photo showing your face so others can recognize you at an event.
Let's all make this an exciting gathering place,