addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Oxford Movie Fans Meetup Message Board › New Meetup: Senna

New Meetup: Senna

Richard
user 8923880
Oxford, GB
Announcing a new Meetup for The Oxford Movie Fans Meetup!

What: Senna­
When: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:45 PM

Where: Odeon
George St
Oxford

This is documentary on Brazilian Formula One racing driver Ayrton Senna, who won the F1 world championship three times before his death at age 34.

While this isn't a sport I follow that closely, this film is extremely highly rated and is enjoying a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. As the Phoenix showing quite late, I've put this up to meet for the 8pm showing at the Odeon on George Street. I'm sure you all know this, but there are two Odeon cinemas in the centre of Oxford - make sure you go to the right one!

"Complete ignorance of, or even indifference to, the sport won't disqualify you from being utterly gripped, moved or charmed by Asif Kapadia's film about legendary Brazilian F1 champion Ayrton Senna." - Film 4

"A viscerally exciting and intellectually stimulating documentary." - The Guardian

"Shattering in the gentlest way, edited with rare care, it's an affirmation of all the bonds Senna forged in his life - with his family, colleagues, the people of Brazil. To emerge unmoved is just about inconceivable." - Daily Telegraph

"Ambitiously constructed, deeply compelling, thrilling and in no way only for those who like watching cars drive in circles. A worthy paean to a true talent." - Empire

Check it out!