Pre-Conference Meeting - ESP32 -Arduino Primer - Intro to Bluetooth Sec
Our October meeting before our 2nd annual conference on November 8,9,10 (www.phack.org). In this meeting, we will have two presentations.
- Subodh will give us an introduction to ESP32 with Arduino, how to set it up, tools, projects, and security use cases.
Programming ESP32 with Arduino IDE
ESP32 is low cost chip that is widely used in IoT projects. The ESP32 has both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities, which make it an ideal chip for the development of IoT projects.
In the presentation I will be going over the following:
- Brief Introduction about ESP32 board
- Setup Arduino IDE to program ESP32
- A Hello Word program for Blinking a LED with ESP32
- Create a Wi-Fi Access Point using ESP32
- Install Arduino IDE:
- Install USB – UART driver:
- (OPTIONAL) Bring your own ESP32 Dev-Board. We will have a few ESP32 dev boards for you to play with.
USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers - Silicon Labs
The CP210x USB to UART Bridge Virtual COM Port (VCP) drivers are required for device operation as a Virtual COM Port to facilitate host communication with CP210x products. These devices can also interface to a host using the direct access driver.
- Rod will give a presentation about Bluetooth security, what is bluetooth?, specifications, tools, attack surface. This will also lead us into our next meetings where we will have a BLUE TOOTH CTF, specs and requirements will be provided
We will also be giving away tickets for the conference. See you there