THE PURPOSE: This Meetup brings together men and women who have achieved success, but find they still crave a deeper experience of life, themselves, their personal or professional relationships. Along with the collective wisdom of the group, I will use the tools of Spiritual Psychology to help facilitate awareness and consciousness-raising with those who attend.
THIS IS FOR YOU IF YOU WANT TO:
• answer the question, "What do I really want in my life? And what’s stopping me from getting it?"
• enjoy your life and your work more.
• get past creative blocks.
• experience greater intimacy in your personal relationships.
• change limiting beliefs you know are holding you back.
• look at your life in a spiritual context and explore, “What is my life’s purpose?”
• lighten up and have more fun.
THESE MEETUPS WILL HELP YOU TO:
• come to know your True Self as distinct from the self you think you "should be."
• use simple tools to move past resistance.
• look at any upset as a learning opportunity.
• find your next career - if that's what you want, or
• engage in your job or career on a new level of connection and purpose.
• show up as a better partner in your personal life.
• show up and appreciate yourself more.
• feel more alive.
• learn the power of fun in creating what you want.
• adapt to change with greater ease as you learn to face fear and move through it.
"As we grow up most of us learn how to judge ourselves, but not how to see ourselves."
- Robert Holden, Authentic Success
ISSUES AND CONCEPTS WE WILL FOCUS ON:
• Negative Self -Talk
• The Power of Your Inner Child
• Creativity as a function of physical, emotional, mental and spiritual practice.
• Perception Checking
• Heart Centered Listening
• Authentic Self vs. Ego Self
• Right-Making and Wrong-Making
• Spiritual Curriculum
IN THE LAST DECADE, my life's journey has included: the end of a 25 year marriage; the transitioning out of one career into another; the deaths of my parents, best friend, and first wife; a Lifetime Achievement Award from peers; a 2 year program leading to a Master of Arts Degree in Spiritual Psychology; the writing and recording of a 10 song CD; a deeply loving relationship I couldn't imagine possible a short time ago. These experiences have brought me to a place where I am called on to share what I've learned, while serving others in their desire to create a better future for themselves by fully being themselves.
Paul Babin, M.F.A, M.A. has been a cinematographer for 30 years. He's worked with directors Steven Spielberg, Francis Coppola, and James Cameron on projects such as Always, The Rainmaker, and Terminator 2. He is currently a Professional Life Coach and an adjunct professor at the University of Southern California, School of Cinema. He was the recipient of the 2012 Lifetime Achievement Award from The Society of Camera Operators.
He is a painter, sculptor, writer and film maker. In 2014, he received an M.A. in Spiritual Psychology and recorded his first CD, “Hearts and Pirates” comprising 10 of his original songs. Occasionally, he can be found confronting his fear at open mics throughout the L.A. area.