addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Philadelphia Python Users Group (PhillyPUG) Message Board › Doodle poll to match up mentors with those who are looking to be mentored

Doodle poll to match up mentors with those who are looking to be mentored

Tom P.
tpanzarella
Philadelphia, PA
All,

So far we have one request/suggestion for mentoring. In an effort to try and hook people up prior to the meeting, I have created a doodle poll where mentors can make themselves available for a particular topic to help out others. Usage of the poll is pretty self-explanatory: add your name as a mentor and select the items for which you are willing to help out. The doodle link is here: http://doodle.com/vvpkucq85syzx7zu­

For those that want to be mentored at our upcoming meeting feel free to contact me directly: tpanzarella -AT- gmail -DOT- com with the topic for which you are interested in getting some help on. I will add it to the doodle poll as an option. As new topics are added, I will alert the PhillyPUG members by sending an email to the list (hopefully things won't get too spammy).

I have been pulled aside at many of our meeting the past few months and emailed directly off list quite a few times from various members who are new to programming python and were very interested in being mentored. We are responding to that need. Now is the time to get in touch with me and concretely articulate what it is you want help with. I am fully confident that our more experienced Python programming members would be more that happy to spend time with you to help out. This is a gentle nudge to get you to speak up now so we can jump start your (hopefully very long) python programming career. OK, you get the point.

Hopefully this protocol for organizing this type of meeting is as painless as possible for our members. If you have a suggestion as to how this can be done better, I am open to suggestions. Ideally, you would make your suggestion on-list so others could chime in as well.

Thanks,

Tom.