addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Vancouver Photography Meetup Group Message Board General Discussion › Schedule your Suggested Meetup Events this week

Schedule your Suggested Meetup Events this week

Trish
Hi everyone,

With the beautiful weather, I thought I would open up the Meetup group tool - and allow any Member to suggest a new Meetup Event right on the homepage.

Look for the "Schedule a Meetup" Button... and... also see a list of other suggested events using the TAB entitled "Suggested" which is located behind the main block on the center of the homepage.

There are FIVE Guidelines for this to work:

1. Absolutely NO COMMERCIAL events are to be posted using this format at all. Any event that even "hints" at the exchange of any MONEY will be deleted without discussion. (Email me if you want to discuss.)

2. Keep it simple. Think about this as YOU inviting friends to join you doing something YOU WANT TO DO. Don't worry about PLEASING anyone else. A walk at your favourite park or beach is so very, very good and much appreciated.

3. If you suggest an event and you DON'T include a time and place -- THEN BE PREPARED for it to be taken over by someone else... OR... be prepared for it to fizzle and be deleted (by me) due to lack of someone stepping up to carrying it through.

4. The best way to use this format is create a complete event with YOU AS THE HOST. Suggest an event with DATE/TIME AND LOCATION for best results.

5. Be spontaneous to keep numbers down. If 20 people signing up to join you is DAUNTING, then post your event with 24 hours notice (for example).

It's as simple as that. It can be a beautiful thing - or it can be a jumble. Help to create a beautiful thing by only posting events that YOU YOURSELF are willing to HOST... suggest the date/time and place... and then carry it through. Be spontaneous. Suggest a place you want to go and invite others to join you. If a few show up, then great.

Have fun and hope to see you soon! :)

Trish

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to interfere (ask questions and email folks) all with intention to help make this a success. I also reserve the right to turn it off if it becomes a jumbled collection of unfinished suggestions and demands by those who don't want to carry things through.