Eastern State Penitentiary $225
Saturday Sept 21, 2013
includes exclusive access to the prison (without the public from 8-10am)
Two big things are:
(1) We have the place to ourselves. We are getting in at 8am, before it opens to the public at 10am. They are opening up early just for us. We have access to the whole place!! The public does enter at 10am, but it takes them a while to get far because of the audio tour so we thru cell block 1 so we will even have some quiet time once the doors open to the public. You can stay the rest of the day, as long as you want to.
and (2) We also get to go places that the general public does not get to go. Certain areas are not open to the public, we will have access to the operating room, infirmary, cell blocks 11 and 14 (those "dark printed areas" on the ESP map that say not open), etc. It will be awesome!
• 8-10am -- exclusive private access with tripods at Eastern State Penitentiary
• 10-12:30 pm -- photography with tripods at Eastern State Penitentiary (tripods are allowed, but you cannot block visitors)
• 12:30 pm -- lunch (not included in the workshop), optional
• You can go back after lunch and stay until 5pm when they close if you want to! And your tripod pass is good for the entire year.
-- General admission to Eastern State Penitentiary. Workshop includes entrance fee. You can spend the entire day here if you like (ESP is open to the public from 10am to 5pm).
-- Exclusive Access to Eastern State Penitentiary without the public (from 8-10 am). Note that Tom and I will be shooting during this time so you should be familiar with HDR capture. If you are local and new to HDR come to one of our evening HDR capture workshops first and we will get you started! We will be providing advice and guidance regarding compositions from 8am on but technical advice regarding exposure and HDR after 10am.
-- Tripod fee $10 at entrance (equipment pass is good for one year)
-- Lunch at Jack's, right across the street from ESP. This will be a good opportunity to talk photography. Lunch is not included in the price of the class. Let us know if you would like to met us for lunch so we can make the appropriate reservation.
Note: ESP ~ 3 hours from Hamden, CT http://www.easternstate.org/visit/directions-parking
You can read about the timeline of ESP here: http://www.easternstate.org/learn/timeline
We can take either 3 or 8 people. So we will cap the RSVPs at 3 and create a waitlist, if we get to 5 people wait-listed then we will change the reservation from 5 to 10 people.