addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Photography Lessons Message Board › Meetup suggestions deleted??? Portrait Lighting Jan 27th Wake Forest

Meetup suggestions deleted??? Portrait Lighting Jan 27th Wake Forest

Dina M.
user 69895282
Youngsville, NC
Post #: 1
I created a meetup suggestion and it was deleted. So my guess is the best place to post a suggestion is here? I will be attending a portrait lighting class in Wake Forest on Sunday January 27th (if there is enough interest by others). The workshop is 4 hours and 35 dollars per person. www.bobmircle.com is hosting the class. I believe the class is from 1-5. He has not updated his website with the correct class yet, but I went ahead and paid through his 2012 date. Is anyone else interested? Is there a better place to post a meetup suggestion? Is there a better way to provide feedback to people who do make a suggestion vs just deleting their post?
Jim N.
user 5919589
Group Organizer
Hillsborough, NC
Post #: 30
Diana,

Allow me to apologize, I took that meetup suggestion down not knowing that it was yours, I looked for Rob as a member and did not see him as one, so I removed the post. Please feel free to suggest meetups in the discussion forum.

As I mentioned to you at the farmers market meetup, I am trying to use this site to promote my own training classes. I have not figured out a way to strike a balance between my offerings and those offerings that may distract folks from mine. I want to be somewhat democratic, but my feeling is that I need to strike a balance. I created the rocky mountain meetup because it was already on the books so to speak prior to my taking over as organizer of the group. As far as new meetups go, I prefer to see how much interest there is in my offerings prior to promoting other photographer's offerings.

FWIW ~ I met Rob a few years back at a Help Portrait event. He's a great guy and a great photographer. I am sure anything he offers will be worth the money.

Finally, did you pay through the meetup site? Because I didn't see anything come through. Or, did you pay him directly. That's another reason, I am hesitant to promote other photographer's lessons. I don't want folks thinking that this meetup is responsible for setting their prices or collecting their payments. There's a lot of confusion to be had traveling down that road.

Again, sorry for the deleted post.