What we're about
Nonviolent Communication (NVC) is a communication framework developed by psychologist Marshall Rosenberg, PhD. The NVC framework provides a set of communication tools that enable us to achieve:
- A habit of responding rather than reacting
- Greater levels of connection and mutual understanding
- Clarity when we experience anger, resentment, fear, etc.
- A state of openness, possibility
Other things we could call NVC:
- needs-focused communication
- collaborative communication
- communication for mutual understanding
We are a group committed to learning and practicing Nonviolent Communication together. Each meetup will consist of practical exercises focused on a specific topic.