addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Sally
Strawberry_Sal
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 420
I know someone had been asking about a marinade recipe for grilling veggies a while ago - this is my go-to family recipe for a great marinade. I use it all the time.

Soy Sauce Marinade

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp salad or olive oil
1/4 tsp liquid hot pepper sauce
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper

Combine ingredients. Add other ingredients to be marinaded and marinade, turning frequently for at least 1/2 hour.

Sally
Sally
Strawberry_Sal
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 423
Okay - I came across this today and couldn't resist posting it. I have no idea what it's like, but her recipes are usually pretty good. Once the weather cools off a bit and I can even think about turning on the oven, I am SO making some of this (braunschweiger version - I grew up on that stuff)!

http://veganfeastkitc...­

Sally
A former member
Post #: 4

http://veganfeastkitc...­

Sally

oh yes, i have made many recipes from that site and they were all delicious! i was able to halve (and even quarter) recipes without incident. and if you make the recipes small enough you can bake/cook them in a bigger toaster oven, during the summer.

Dave W.
davewh
Portland, OR
Post #: 186
At yesterday's potluck, I was asked about the recipe for the mocha frosting for the triple-chocolate cupcakes. As it was one of those quick "throw things together and tinker until it tastes right" creations that I haven't yet finalized, I'll provide all the ingredients and *rough approximations* of the amounts--you will likely need to adjust to your liking. The cupcakes themselves were the triple chocolate cupcakes from Jennifer McCann's Vegan Lunchbox, with the following mods: added 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses, increased cocoa powder by 2 tablespoons.

1/2 to 2/3 block of firm silken tofu
8 ounces dark chocolate, at least 50% cocoa content
4 to 5 tablespoons powdered sugar
3 to 4 tablespooons Earth Balance, softened
3 teaspoons decaf coffee granules
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
2 to 3 tablespoons cocoa powder

Blend all ingredients in a medium bowl with an electric blender at high speed, until the bits of tofu are broken up and the mixture is smooth. This will take several minutes. If desired, place the mixture in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to thicken before spreading. If it sets too much to spread, re-soften the mixture by placing in the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds. Note that cupcakes using this frosting should be refrigerated, as the mixture includes tofu.
Ashley
user 7234612
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 19
Vegan in the mainstream: Nice lineup of vegan recipes from top chefs here: http://www.ellentv.co...­
Aviva
user 3075666
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 401
Does anyone have a recipe for a tuna salad using hearts of palm? I had it at a vegan restaurant recently and loved it. My sister actually loved it, too.
Mike E.
mike_elliot
Group Organizer
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 924
Does anyone have a recipe for a tuna salad using hearts of palm? I had it at a vegan restaurant recently and loved it. My sister actually loved it, too.
I haven't tried this yet, but it looks like what you are looking for.

-Mike

http://www.olivesfordinner.com/2013/10/vegan-tuna-salad.html­