addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Pittsburgh Vegan Meetup Message Board › Starting a Vegan Spirituality Group

Starting a Vegan Spirituality Group

Beet-Eating H.
user 45727062
Greensburg, PA
Post #: 1
Is veganism part of, or even central to, your sense of spirituality?

If so, there is an active Vegan Spirituality Meetup in Philadelphia and we could start one here.

If anyone would like to take the lead, The Beet-Eating Heeb can you put you in touch directly with the founder of the Vegan Spirituality movement. She has a template on how to start a local group.

If interested, contact BEH at beeteatingheeb(at)gmail.com
Sarah
user 58824022
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 7
I'd certainly be interested in participating in such a group if one sholud form!
A former member
Post #: 4
I as well would definitely participate. I'd be willing to lend a hand to the organizers should this materialize.
Sarah
user 58824022
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 9
Hi All,

I've been thinking about doing Will Tuttle's "Mastery Program" on his book The World Peace Diet and was wondering if others might be interested in joining me. It's a four week program that basically delves deeper into his book, which examines veganism on a more wholistic spirital level. After hearing him speak on Veganpalloza over the weekend I have been reminded how inspirational I find his message to be and I'd love to delve into his book a bit more and be able to discuss it with like minded individuals. Here is more about the program: http://worldpeacemast...­ He has two programs one is this 4 week foundational mastery program and the other is an 8 week facilitator training which focuses more on putting the philosopy into action (as a side note he is also offering the Facilitator Training as apart of the Jubilee Peace Fest in Ohio in October http://jubileepeacefe...­ which could be a fun field trip too...). I'm thinking I'd like to start with the mastery program first, though. There is a description of what the program includes in the link. We wouldn't necessarily have to complete it in 4 weeks, but can self pace and choose to maybe meet bi-weekly or monthly or whatever works for interested folk. There is a cost for the program, which he is discounting at the moment, but it would be $54 a person and includes the supplemntal material listed in the description. So if anyone is interested in this let me know and we can get together and discuss details!
Kate P
user 14547519
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 18
I would definitely be interested in this! When would we have to register to get the discount?