* 4 Thursdays, starting from 21.11 (18:00 - 20:00);
* to join fill: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSebRbjYMq3WKKPUS1KrcoPpWUq0e7cBWuVTjanO79EVC9kkBg/viewform before 14.11;
* chosen candidates will receive invitations by 18.11.
* your own laptop with Mac OS or Linux is required (if you use Windows, please set up a virtual machine with a Linux)
* try installing Erlang (21.2 or newer if possible), git and make (in case of any troubles, do not worry I dedicated the second half of first classes to help you with that :) )
This course is a quick start, hands-on introduction to the World of Erlang. During 4 meetings (21.11, 28.11, 5.12, 12.12) we will build a simple user authentication application from scratch. We will start from a quick introduction to Erlang syntax, then go through BEAM process handling and supervising, building the application, testing it and distributing over remote computers. Erlang developer tools will be presented, to teach you how to troubleshoot.
Not sure if this is for you? See if you match any of the following:
* You are interested in learning some Erlang;
* You are interested in functional programming or distributed systems;
* You are sick and tired of slow sequential code;
See you in class!