addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The London Polyamory Meetup Group Message Board The London Polyamory Meetup Group Discussion Forum › SEEKING POLYFAMILIES FOR POTENTIAL DOCUMENTARY

Helen C.
user 49444072
London, GB
Post #: 1
Hi there

Nickie very kindly suggested that I post some info on this forum to see if anyone might be interested in helping me with some research.

I’m a television producer at independent television company, The Garden Productions. I am currently in the process of developing programme ideas around a brief about ‘modern families’ and would very much like to explore the possibility of a potential documentary on polyamory.

I think it could be interesting to approach polyamory through the eyes of an engaging and articulate young person who has grown up in a polyamorous household. Perhaps a young person who’s just planning to leave home for the first time? Getting their insight into the benefits and challenges of living in this unconventional family unit may go some way to increasing general awareness and understanding of polyamory here in the UK.

I appreciate that there are many sensitivities around tackling this subject matter and these will of course be in the forefront of my mind as I continue to develop this idea. As a company we pride ourselves on our trusted relationships with the people and organisations we work with and believe that making a documentary is very much a collaborative process.

The Garden Productions are a London-based independent television production company, founded in 2010 by the team who made the BAFTA award winning Channel 4 series set in a maternity hospital, “One Born Every Minute”. In 2011, we made the critically acclaimed and award winning “24 Hours in A & E” - Channel 4’s biggest ever documentary series – which told the personal stories of the doctors and patients in a busy hospital A&E department. The second series is currently transmitting on Channel 4.

If you are part of a polyfamily and would be interested in speaking to me about the documentary, know someone who might be or would like to find out more, I'd love to hear from you and can be reached at helen.crampton(@)­ and by phone on 020 3465 9060

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,

Helen Crampton