addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Advocates for Animal Welfare Message Board › Ag-gag bills

Ag-gag bills

dana
user 133054802
Portland, OR
Post #: 2
Hi everyone,
I was just forwarded information from Green Is The New Red, Will Potter's website, about the latest animal abuse exposed by Mercy For Animals at an Idaho dairy. Idaho is trying to pass an ag-gag bill because of the investigation. Can you believe how far these states will go to protect their industries? We may not be able to defeat all of these bills (although I wonder why journalists all over the country aren't in an outrage,) but we can defeat and destroy the industries that spawn this abuse. It is simple and easy. If you haven't committed to a plant-based diet, now is the time. Vegetarian is great, but as you know dairy is the root of massive animal suffering and abuse. As someone who struggled with giving up cheese (I dislike the vegan choices so far) I spent many years in denial of the impact of my "Tillamook" blocks of suffering. If you still eat cheese, drink milk, etc. I encourage you (gently) to look at some of these videos/pictures coming out of Idaho. Visit a local auction (Woodburn still active?) and see how these creatures are treated. Make the connection and make the commitment. And to all those who already have made the plant-based choice--Thank You!
A former member
Post #: 8
You're so right, Dana. Thank you for pointing that out! :)
And for anyone who wants to read more about the ag-gag bill in Idaho and how you can sign the petition from Mercy For Animals, please visit the PAWA Facebook page where we constantly post links to articles, information, and petitions. Thanks!