addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Powderkeg Message Board › And the Verge Presenters Are...

And the Verge Presenters Are...

Matt H.
hunckler
Group Organizer
Indianapolis, IN
Good morning!

Thanks for bearing with me this month, folks. I hope you're prepared for this because, as promised, we have a killer lineup for tomorrow's big Verge event:

• Jon DiGregory will present Bicker, a video-powered debate website
  • Drew Loftus will present TinderBox (with exciting new updates!), an online proposal app
  • Mickey Levitan will present CourseLoad, a digital textbook platform

I'm also very excited to announce that we have a new addition to the Verge format--prizes! Yep, we're giving the winner of tomorrow's pitches a package of prizes to help grow their business, and your votes decide who goes home with all the glory.

Here's what the winning presenter will receive:

Controllership Group
Review of accounting system setup, projections and budget modeling, identification of key performance metrics, discussion on income taxes and more (5-6 hours of fee-free time)

StartupButton

This legal services package will include consultation on entity formation, intellectual property, and equity/vesting terms. It will also cover any state filing fees, preparation of organic documents for business entity, as well as trademark review and application.

DK New Media
Five days of marketing and technology consulting, including search, social and possible development or integration assistance. This may include licensed tools if the company can take advantage of them. Value: $10,000 + a free autographed Corporate Blogging for Dummies book

Formstack
2 Yearly Pro Plans ($348/ea value) for Formstack, an online form builder that allows organizations of all sizes to build any type of web form, use it on their websites, and begin collecting data

Project Burndown
6-month license ($474 value) for Burndown, a project management tool focused on making it simple for you and your team to stay realistic about deadlines, improve scheduling, and learn about what really happens on your project

I want to thank all of our sponsors, as well as Brennan Knotts--one of the Verge Organizers--who helped coordinate this prize package for our winning startup. I'm excited to continue find ways to provide value to Indianapolis and our startup community. Looking forward to having you weigh in our presenters tomorrow night!

I'll send more logistics info tomorrow (Thursday). Can't wait for the big event.

Best,

Matt