PPSCV members are free. To pay now, click the link and then choose Guest fee $20 under the options menu. Then click on the Pay Now button.
Click here to pay now PayNow ( http://www.lauramarshallphoto.com/ppscv )
HDR photographer Peter Thoeny will introduce you to the world of HDR (high dynamic range) photography. Peter strives to create HDR processed images that tell a story, evoke emotions, have an artistic touch, and look natural. He loves to travel and is fascinated with photography since leaving Switzerland for Japan. He learned to compose when he created charcoal drawings and paintings while visiting Italy and other places in Europe. Currently Peter lives in the Silicon Valley, and is an instructor at the Digital Photo Academy in San Francisco.
In this talk you will learn:
- Basic concepts of HDR
- Dynamic range of human eye, camera sensor, screens and print
- When to use and when not to use HDR processing
- Bracketed exposures, night exposures for HDR
- Camera sensor and HDR
- Hands on HDR processing from RAW image(s) to final image
- Compare good and “overcooked” HDR processing
- See sample quality images for inspiration