Before attending this Meetup, you must first pay & register here:
Building on the Introduction to Food Photography class we will develop the skills to photograph food for clients. We will cover food styling, lighting for client needs, and have a question and answer about business practices and related topics. We will also talk about challenges in the food photography segment. Attendees will be using their own cameras to photograph during class.
• Adding additional lighting to an ambient setting
• Food styling: How to tell an effective “food story”
• Lightroom for culling, editing, and post-processing
• Live Demo
• Students using their equipment to photograph a few styled setups
• Overall Q&A about food photography and implications for the working photographer
• A digital camera with hot shoe and manual controls
• A general range or "normal" lens — Macro lenses are encouraged as well
This class is geared to intermediate to advanced-level photographers that are comfortable shooting in Manual, Aperture or Shutter priority on any type of digital camera. Ideal for attendees looking to get exposure to food photography focusing on editorial and lifestyle looks.
Schedule and Format
This is a four-hour class. In the first half, we will cover the skills you need to photograph a few food setups. In the second half we will shoot. The first two hours will be setup and instruction and the second two hours will be student photography with Q&A during the session.
About the Instructor
Josh Baker, founder of AzulOx Visuals, has photographed food and drinks for clients such as: Patron, Texas de Brasil, Sagra Italian, Catering with a Twist among other food and editorial clients. See more at azuloxcommercial.com.