addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Honolulu Pug Meetup Group Message Board › Recap of We Gave Thanks for our pugs and the rain, too!

Recap of We Gave Thanks for our pugs and the rain, too!

Pat
NickAbby
Waipahu, HI
I am so impressed by the can-do spirit of our group who was not deterred by a little rain today (well, it actually poured at one point!)  Thank you so much to those who brought tables & to Ariana & Ray for helping me haul everything home.  Thank you, Don, for the special Thailand pug picture prize.  And thanks to everyone for showing up (on a crappy day) and bringing yummy food and caring enough about your pug to exercise and socialize them.

15 families with pugs that ranged in age from 5mos to 12yrs were in the running mode, sniffing mode, peeing mode and general hanging out mode and could care less about the weather.

The games (musical pug circles, dress em up race, hot dog dunk) was very entertaining and everyone got a prize, so they were all happy.  It was so amusing to see the pugs inability to sit in the circle while sharing the circle with other pugs and multiple people giving commands, this group takes competition seriously!!  Dressing them up with panties was hysterical and then seeing them trying to run with their "outfit" was even more silly.  Abby finally had to show the others how to dunk, really dunk for the hot dogs-none of this delicate sniffing then taking one out of the water to evaluate it then considering eating it, c'mon people, we're pugs, we inhale!!  :)

Welcome back to veterans:

Don & Oni (one of the orig members)

Steve & Rascal (who comes to the meetups to poop non-stop)

Marilyn & Fuji ("we can't play games cause he can't sit")  :)

Renee, grandd Tyani & sweet Bella (who we send blessings to for her upcoming knee surg)

Sara, Tasi & Max (they tire me out just watching them run)

Jessica & Charlie  (who gave Henri a payback for pestiness)

Jess, Bella & Mim (sitting on Mom's lap with umbrella over them!)

Nicole, Jason & Chubby (who's baby brother stayed in the front carrier, so sweet)

Ariana, Ray, Henri & Betty ("we liked the games the best when we won!"

Yuko, Trevor & Kokomo (sporting a new haircut)

Newcomers:

Lin, Derek & Sammy (who called me 3 times to check on the weather & came despite the traffic from the n shore)

Randall & Madeline (who confessed that he couldn't wait to get a black pug and name him Booger!)

Vicki, Jon, Misaki & Laszlo who moved here from Big Island & is so excited to join our pug fun

Chris & multi-talented Bailey (I have never seen a pug roll over, esp. in the wet, muddy grass!)

We all count our blessings and give thanks for pugs and pug people to enrich our lives.

Till next month, pug hugs,

Pat, Nick & Abby