addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

San Diego Pug Club Message Board › Help for Pablo

Help for Pablo

Mindy R.
pugmom4
San Diego, CA
Post #: 8
I am sure most of you have heard about Pablo - the adorable little pug taken in my PRSDC who needed emergency lung surgery. Well, we now have the daunting task of paying for the surgery and the CT scan and care this little baby received at Pet Emergency Clinic in La Mesa.
Volunteers from PRSDC, Harlee's Angels and National Pug rescue are working together to raise funds for this little guy's ongoing care.
Here are some ways you can help:
Ways you can help Pablo or Pug Rescue of San Diego County in general:

1. Make a donation via paypal at www.pugbutts.com.
2. Make a donation via the fundrazr.com campaign set up for Pablo:
https://fundrazr.com/...­
3. Check out Pablo's auction at
https://www.facebook....­ and either bid on an item or donate an item.
4. Forward this info far and wide. It isn't just Pablo that needs help - PRSDC has several other special needs pugs as well.
5. Come to the annual Pug Rescue Event on May 4th at Del Mar Fairgrounds. Check out PRSDC's facebook page or website for more info.

I suggest you all stop by the auction - some of the items are AMAZING..
6. If you can think of more ways to help, please add them!
Mindy R.
pugmom4
San Diego, CA
Post #: 9
will add pics later.
A former member
Post #: 4
I'd like to see "Puggy banks" in use by PRSDC. So much loose change goes to waste...we all come home from the store with several to many new coins in our purses or pockets. Let's have a plastic puggy bank, which we get at a PRSDC event, where these coins go and then, at each PRSDC event, we bring back our full one(s) and get new empty ones.

The bank might cost several dollars (most of it will be donation of course) and for those bringing in a full bank, they get an empty one free! Maybe the banks would be painted bright colors. They could actually be piggy banks just painted up to resemble pugs. (We all know there is a physical resemblance between pigs and pugs!) It would probably be cheaper to redecorate existing piggy banks than have special pug-shaped banks made from scratch.

The size of the puggy bank would probably be about 8" to a foot long, not one of those tiny things we had as toddlers...room for some real capacity of coins!

I'm bringing a piggy-puggy bank to the May 4 event to start with...anyone else like this idea? It's plastic, green (with "Home Sweet Home" on it), but it will have a lot of coins inside...no idea where it came from...

John
jpierce5@roadrunner.com
Alison Jerry Ringo...
PugPark
Group Organizer
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 53
Whatever it takes to help Pablo! If John's heartfelt idea interests you....

Puggy Banks are available for purchase at The Pug Shoppe. There is a limited supply available in stock.

The Pug Shoppe was created specifically to raise money for pug welfare. I am the proud owner of this teeny-tiny business and I run it with the help of my five pugs, Little Jerry, Ringo, Frederick, Pablo, and Izzi.

I contacted Pug Rescue of San Diego County a few years ago to see if I could assist with their fundraising efforts but did not get a response. This "no-lose" offer still stands.

The Pug Shoppe is part of the mini-empire of Pug Park which is always a work in progress and continually expanding. Pug Park currently includes the San Diego Pug Club, Vegas Pug Club, Madrid Pug Club, Pug Park Bed-n-Biscuit, and The Pug Shoppe. It is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and you are all more than welcome to visit.

www.PugPark.com

Thank you and kindest regards,
Alison

Mindy R.
pugmom4
San Diego, CA
Post #: 10
I wish I had known about Puggy Banks. The event is Saturday. I will have to come up with something before then. GUESS WHAT FOLKS!!!!! I have some great news..pablo has been cleared by the vets and he will be the star attraction at the Pug Party on the 4th. Alison, I don't know why you were not contacted but I do know that pug rescue could sure use your help now. Are you on FB? Have you talked to Suzi Schutzman? I have a few things going on but I am just a volunteer. I started the Zazzle shop and we are now doing online auctions a couple times a year. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can contact me via email at pugmom4@cox.net.