addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Puppy Mill Awareness Meetup (Southeast Michigan) Message Board › Petland Novi (Exposed)

Petland Novi (Exposed)

Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,723
Monday, April 7 at 7:00pm.
45175 W 10 Mile Rd, Novi, MI 48375.

Please join Puppy Mill Awareness and supporters at the Novi City Council meetings. (March 24, April 7, 22 and May 5, 19).

We will be presenting the problems with selling puppies retail and how the city can support humane pet acquisitions. We would like to fill a couple rows to show support.

If you know someone who has purchased a sick pet from Petland, please invite them to share their story.

Civic Center Council Chambers
https://www.facebook....­
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,724
Mayor Gatt and City Council Members,

On Monday, I spoke to you about the two primary concerns my organization has with retail puppy stores like Petland and The Family Puppy. First, the puppies are coming from large commercial breeding kennels that have been cited for violations to the federal Animal Welfare Act. Second, the burden of illnesses and hereditary defects are passed on to families in your community and surrounding cities.

Here is a link to the press release regarding the two store’s being linked to horrible breeders.
http://puppymillaware...­

Please do not promote these type of stores on your website or other promotional activities the city coordinates. Instead, promote your local shelter and reputable rescue groups.
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,725

Management Office
(2nd Level, enter by JC Penney/Max&Ermas,
located across from the Pottery Barn)
We are asking Twelve Oaks Mall patrons to visit the Mall Management this month and share your concerns about Petland and their link to puppy mills. Managers need to hear from their patrons. Ask them to implement a policy that protects animals by not selling or displaying live animals.

For information about Petland’s breeders, go to our website.
http://michiganpuppym...­

If you can not stop by this month, please contact the Mall Manager, Dan Jones.

TWELVE OAKS MALL
Dan Jones
General Manager Twelve Oaks Mall
djones@taubman.com
248-348-9400
Press 3 and then 4 for Mall Management
27500 Novi Rd, Novi, MI 48377

Thank you,
Pam Sordyl
Founder of Puppy Mill Awareness of SE Michigan
734-828-1400
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,778

http://www.ripoffrepo...­

Complaint Review: Petland

Submitted: Thu, June 05, 2014
Updated: Thu, June 05, 2014

Reported By: Holly Jo Bradford — Linden Michigan

Petland
27200 Novi Rd. Novi, Michigan USA
Phone: (248)295-9256
Web: www.petlandnovi.com
Category: Animal Abuse

We bought an Italian Greyhound from Petland in April of 2005. She was already 4 months old. Later that year she was diagnosed with Perthis disease. She had to have surgery removing the top of the leg bone from the hip. Her leg know longer attached to her skeleton. A breed born to run. Petland did agree to give us another puppy and/or a credit to the store of $1,400. They stated that they wouldnt get from that breeder anymore. Yet they still get there Greyhounds out of Missouri. Apparently there are thousands upon thousands of puppy mills in that state.

My dog is now 9.5. At the age of 8 a different vet asked me if I was sure I have had her since she was a puppy. She shows signs of a 12/13 yr old dog! No one wants to hear this! I want my baby to live as long as she possibly can. She gets the best of everything! I know that she is a product of inferior breeding. [continued below]....

..... Petland will tell you that they don't get puppies from puppy mills. They will show you all there pretty pictures of dogs on grass playing with children. You don't have 100+ adult breeding dogs that your playing with everyday. I know their caged their entire life just to make money for the breeder & petland. Its actually animal abuse and I can't believe I contributed to it by purchasing from this store.
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,779
http://www.ripoffrepo...­

Submitted: Tue, May 20, 2014
Updated: Tue, May 20, 2014

Reported By: Chelsea — Royal Oak Michigan

PetLand Novi, MI
27200 Novi Rd Novi, Michigan USA
Phone: (248) 295-9256
Web:
Category: Pet Shops & Supplies

PetLand Novi, Michigan Petland sold me an inbred "puppy mill" dog, but insisted that they do not do business with puppy mills Novi Michigan

I purchased my Lhasa apso from Petland novi in 2008. Each year since, several genetic issues have come up:

1) he herniated a disc in his back, but without any incident

2) he is allergic to everything. He is now prescribed a prescription dog food & allergy tests have been conducted. Knowing what we know now, my vet & I believe his allergies began as early as the age of 1

3) this past spring, he developed bladder stones which required surgical removal

4) he was recently diagnosed with an abnormally small liver and will spend the rest of his life on medication

5) he has two rows of bottom teeth & bowed legs. He often gets ear & eye infections.

I am the most protective dog mother & my vet believes that the only way to explain all of my Dog's issues is puppy mill origin. I have saved every vet bill since day one. Furthermore, I researched the "breeder" from which my dog came, and everything that surfaces warns 'puppymill."
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,780

Sandra Mezza, founder of Guardian Angels Animal Rescue in Livonia, told the Novi City Council that she received a call from a woman recently that was crying after leaving the Petland store. She asked Sandra if there is anything their rescue can do. Sandra decided there was and took her concerns to the Novi City Council.
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,852

Please Share!

Did you or do you know someone that purchased a puppy from Petland in Michigan, Florida or Georgia?

Sick?
Warranty issues?
Vet bills?

Law offices across the country are receiving complaints regarding pets sold at Petland stores. Many complaints include upper respiratory ailments, diarrhea, health certificate issues, or the pet passed away. If you purchased a sick pet, or you are having any problems regarding the warranty, and extra vet costs in the last six years from a Petland store please contact:

Haas & Goldstein at 248-702-6550, Farmington Hills, MI
Merritt Law Office at (863) 683-3333, Lakeland, FL
Tamara Feliciano and Associates at pawsgeorgia@gmail.com, Alpharetta, GA
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,862

9-12-15 Mayor Gatt and Council Members,

On September 27th, we are expecting over 200 animal advocates to hold hands in solidarity again this year for our annual Puppy Mill Awareness Day in Novi. Participants will form a human chain to oppose puppy retail sales.

During this time last year, we collected 11 new Petland complaints related to ill animals purchased – and we are not even a reporting agency! This year we plan to reach even more victims of the puppy pet trade. As I was boosting our event yesterday on Facebook, I was contacted by another young family with a heart breaking case. They had to put their young Labrador to sleep because his kidneys were failing from a genetic defect. The puppy came from Marla Yeubanks (Kansas). See photos attached. We are sending all families to our attorney to prevent this from happening to more families.

Novi is not the only city with irresponsible puppy peddlers. You may have seen the Greenwood Pets & Plant (Warren, MI) animal seizure on all the tv stations costing the city $20,000 or the recent Little Dogz fraud lawsuit in Mt. Clemens.

As a result, Mark Hackel, the Macomb County Executor, has made it a priority to protect families and pets. He recently attended the Grand Opening Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at the Gibraltar Trade Center, to recognize the market’s new policy to not sell cats and dogs, and instead hold adoption events showcasing shelter pets from the Macomb County Animal Control shelter. The Trade Center formally leased space to Michigan’s worst pet store, Little Dogz. Now, Petland is Michigan’s worst pet store.

Cities across the country are taking action against puppy mills. Eastpointe passed a pet retail ban this month to prevent puppy mill dogs from being sold. It was a unanimous vote. I hope Novi will also become a leader on this important animal welfare issue.
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,863
***MEDIA ADVISORY***

Southeast Michigan Recognizes Puppy Mill Awareness Day

(Sept. 17, 2015) – Over 200 Michigan residents will gather to recognize national Puppy Mill Awareness Day and urge pet stores in the area to stop selling puppy mill dogs.
This event is hosted by 27 animal organizations and companies. Attendees will be provided with a red bandana and will create a human chain at the entrance of the Twelve Oaks Mall.

WHO:
•  Puppy Mill Awareness of Southeast Michigan
•  The Humane Society of the United States

WHEN:
Sunday, Sept. 27, 2014; 4 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.

WHERE:
Twelve Oaks Mall
27500 Novi Rd, Novi, Michigan 48377

PRIMARY CONTACT: Pam Sordyl 734-718-7100

Novi is Michigan’s “Puppy Retail Capital” with two big box puppy stores. Petland is located in the Twelve Oaks Mall and is the nation’s largest retail chain importing an average of 80 puppies a month. The Family Puppy is located in Fountain Walk across the street and is the state’s largest retailer of puppies with three outlets in Michigan. Recent publications:

Ten Reasons Petland is Michigan’s Worst Pet Store: http://puppymillaware...­

The Family Puppy import records show disease, illness and genetic issues: http://www.toledoblad...­

#
Pam
Pamela01
Group Organizer
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 1,869

LETTER TO TWELVE OAKS MALL MANAGER & LEASING AGENT:

September 16, 2015

Dear Mr. Jones and Ms. Devine,

The Haas & Goldstein law firm is receiving complaints regarding pets sold at Petland located in your shopping center. If your staff is contacted by any mall patrons who have purchased a sick pet, are having any problems regarding the warranty, and extra vet costs in the last six years, please have them contact Jennifer Measel at 248-702-6550 located in Farmington Hills. My organization, Puppy Mill Awareness, also receives ongoing complaints and has noticed an increase of complaints posted to online review sites.

We hope you address this problem and consider signing a Puppy Friendly Pet Store Pledge and agree not to sell puppies or any live animals in Twelve Oaks. Just last month, the Humane Society of the United States assisted the Gibraltar Trade Center, a large public market in Mount Clemens, Michigan, in implementing a “puppy friendly” policy. The market’s new policy does not allow any animal sales at all, but welcomes adoptable dogs, cats and birds from Macomb County Animal Control. We feel that trade center is paving the way for a new humane economy. Read more.

Animal Control now offering open adoptions at Gibraltar
http://www.candgnews....­

I would also like to provide notification that we are holding our annual Puppy Mill Awareness Day event in Novi again this year on September 27th, as both puppy stores continue to ship in puppies from out-of-state commercial breeders with violations to the Animal Welfare Act. We will be creating a Human Chain in front of your shopping center. The goal of this event is to bring awareness to the very important social issue involving Michigan pets.

“Puppy mills” and “kitten mills” are large scale commercial breeders that produce millions of animals every year for commercial sale without regard for the health and well-being of the animals. Pet stores selling live animals have traditionally been a sales outlet for young dogs and cats bred in puppy mills and kitten mills both within the United States and abroad. It is estimated that 10,000 puppy mills produce more than 2,400,000 puppies a year in the United States and that most pet store puppies and many pet store kittens come from puppy mills and kitten mills, respectively.

I’d be happy to speak with you about any concerns or questions you may have about converting your shopping center to a humane outlet for homeless pets, puppy mills in general, or about how I can help facilitate relationships with local shelters to reduce the number of healthy pets euthanized each year simply for lack of a home.

Pam Sordyl
Founder Puppy Mill Awareness of Southeast Michigan
Clarkston, MI 48348
734-828-1400