addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Mailing List Archive

Subject Sender Date
Call for Speakers - October and November - Hello all - We are looking for speakers for our upcoming meetings. We have slots available on October 13 and November 10. If you have a topic, please send me a title and a couple of sentences about the proposed talk. If you’re interes Cameron L. Sep 6, 2016 9:59 AM
full-stack developer needed - Hi, anne Aug 23, 2016 12:34 PM
Brian Maloof brings his farm to the table at Manuel's Tavern - I thought some of you might be interested in this story about Manuel's. http://specials.myajc.com/li Doug H. Jul 31, 2016 9:12 AM
ongoing PyATL leadership changes - As I mentioned in my email last month [1], I would like to step down as organizer for PyATL. After discussing it at the June meeting, and on the mailing list, we held a special organizing discussion for the group during our July 14th meeting. John and Jar Doug H. Jul 21, 2016 3:08 PM
PyData Carolinas Call for Proposals Extended - The PyData Carolinas (Septem Chris C. Jul 17, 2016 5:13 PM
Re: [pyatl] self-nominations for the new organizing committee - Seemed to be pretty good amount of interest in the teaching Shaun H. Jul 13, 2016 4:54 PM
RE: [pyatl] self-nominations for the new organizing committee - I am as well. On Jul 13,[masked]:49 PM, "Jamal Mitchell" < [address removed] > wrote: Roget H. Jul 13, 2016 3:03 PM
RE: [pyatl] self-nominations for the new organizing committee - Hello Shaun, Great idea I am very interested in the python meetup class. Thanks, Jamal Mitch Jamal M. Jul 13, 2016 2:49 PM
Re: self-nominations for the new organizing committee - Hi, I'd like to throw my ring in the hat to help organize PyATL. First a little bit about myself: I moved to Atlanta in 2003 to start out as a Web developer for ajc.co Chris Jul 12, 2016 10:14 PM
Re: [pyatl] self-nominations for the new organizing committee - Preview not available Kendrick B. Jul 12, 2016 12:01 AM
Re: [pyatl] self-nominations for the new organizing committee - Thanks for the great idea Shaun, I would love to participate in such a program. I hope there are more people interested in this. Joseph Jul 11, 2016 11:39 PM
Re: [pyatl] self-nominations for the new organizing committee - Hi Pyatl, I w Shaun H. Jul 11, 2016 10:59 PM
Re: [pyatl] self-nominations for the new organizing committee - Hi, David, Th Doug H. Jul 7, 2016 6:37 PM
Re: [pyatl] self-nominations for the new organizing committee - Hi pyatl-list, I won't be here for the July PyATL meetup so I can't participate in organizing the elections. But I want to let people know that I am very interested in contr David N. Jul 7, 2016 5:50 PM
returning to Manuel's in September - I’ve had a lot of questions, so I’m sure many of you will be happy to learn that Manuel’s is almost ready to open. Construction continues on the retail space at the corner of North Avenue, but the main restaurant and meeting spaces will be ready soo Doug H. Jul 7, 2016 5:44 PM
Sr. Webdev Position at Mozilla - Hi all, We're hiring a Sr. Backend Web Developer on my team within the marketing org at Mozilla[0]. The site says "Portland" is the location, but we're trying to get that fixed since you can work from an Paul M. Jun 30, 2016 3:59 PM
self-nominations for the new organizing committee - As I mentioned at the last meeting and in my email from the 6th, at our July meeting we will be holding elections for an organizing committee to plan the future of PyATL. We have two members signed up to run the election (big thanks to John and Jared!). N Doug H. Jun 19, 2016 1:56 PM
PyData Carolinas 2016 - Hi, folks, Chris Calloway of UNC has asked me to share this announcement about a new regional conference with the group. I know several of you are involved in big data work, and I think this will be right up your alley. Doug It is my privileg Doug H. Jun 15, 2016 5:56 PM
Re: [pyatl] new leadership and organization for PyATL - All, I am not submitting a ballot for voting, as I am new to the area and not nearly as proficient in Python as the other members. However, I would like to humbly submit an idea for the group that I think would take thing Matt Jun 11, 2016 8:49 AM
important group business on the mailing list - Hi, folks, At tonight's meeting a few people mentioned not receiving the email I sent to the mailing list about changing the leadership of our group. The mailing list archives are available on meetup.com, and the message to which I was referrin Doug H. Jun 9, 2016 11:21 PM
Re: [pyatl] new leadership and organization for PyATL - Thanks for volunteering, John. Doug H. Jun 9, 2016 8:39 AM
Re: [pyatl] new leadership and organization for PyATL - Doug I also appreciate your work with PyATL. Since I have received much more from the group than I have given, and since I meet the qualifications,  active members who are *not* interested in being on the bo jcpilman Jun 9, 2016 8:09 AM
Re: [pyatl] new leadership and organization for PyATL - I really appreciate all the leadership you have provided!!! Sent from my iPhone > On Jun 6, 2016, at 9:35 AM, Doug Hellmann wrote: > > PyATL, > > One of the most useful sessions for me at PyCon last week was the birds- PapaSmurf Jun 6, 2016 9:42 PM
new leadership and organization for PyATL - PyATL, One of the most useful sessions for me at PyCon last week was the birds-of-a-feather gathering for meetup organizers. We talked about a lot of things that the groups are doing, and the approaches different groups take to things like managing mee Doug H. Jun 6, 2016 9:34 AM
Meetup details changed: Python Atlanta Meetup - Hi, everyone, Sorry for the delay in updating the site for this month, PyCon disrupted my normal schedule. I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing: Doug H. Jun 4, 2016 11:57 AM
PyATL Breakfast at PyCon 2016 - Hi all, I mentioned at the April meeting about possibly having PyATL members meet up for a casual breakfast meeting out at PyCon 2016 in Portland, for anyone who is attending. In order to keep the clutter off of the mailing list, if you JR R. May 17, 2016 3:32 PM
Re: [pyatl] need a new job board solution - MatterMost is the new steamy-hotness. www.mattermost.org And it is F/LOSS (MIT license), not proprietary. On 04/15/16 05:02, Jarrod Roberson wrote: > slack is the "new hotness" > > On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 5:21 PM, Doug Hellmann JD Apr 15, 2016 11:30 PM
Re: [pyatl] need a new job board solution - Yeah, this is for a semi-permanent place to post job listin Doug H. Apr 15, 2016 5:31 PM
Re: [pyatl] need a new job board solution - Slack is great for instant communication and reference. Could also invite anyone to the 'team'. Anything beyond that you'd josh Apr 15, 2016 5:08 PM
Re: [pyatl] need a new job board solution - Trello may be what you are looking for, and it is free. Great application. Sent from my iPhone > On Apr 13, 2016, at 5:23 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote: > > Hi, folks, > > It seems that sometime recently meetup.com changed t Alejandro Elias V. Apr 15, 2016 12:40 AM
PyOhio accepting proposals for talks - The call for proposals for PyOhio, the regional Python-themed conference held in Columbus, Ohio, is open. I went last year for the first time and had a great experience. The conference is big enough to see some really interesting talks, but small enough t Doug H. Apr 15, 2016 12:05 AM
Re: [pyatl] need a new job board solution - slack is the "new hotness" On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 5:21 PM, Doug Hellmann < [address removed] Jarrod R. Apr 14, 2016 2:09 PM
Re: [pyatl] need a new job board solution - Hi Doug, my group PuPPy wants to build some web apps for a new website that includes features to cover everything Meetup doesn't do well. So far we have two members offering to help. I want to add a new engineer with ou Don S. Apr 13, 2016 8:59 PM
Re: [pyatl] need a new job board solution - At chadev we came up with our own thing:  https://github.com/chadev/chat­ech-jobs and live site:  http://jobs.chadev.com/ It's Sean Apr 13, 2016 8:47 PM
need a new job board solution - Hi, folks, It seems that sometime recently meetup.com changed the configuration of their spam filters, and now some of the recruiters we’ve invited to post details to the discussion board are being marked as spam. The meetup folks have indicated that Doug H. Apr 13, 2016 2:16 PM
learn about starting a career working with big data via General Assembly - Our hosts for this month’s meeting, General Assembly, are holding an event titled “Crunching the Numbers: How to Launch a Career in Data” on 31 March that may be of interest to some of our members. For more details, check their web site: https:// Doug H. Mar 24, 2016 12:52 PM
need speakers for April meeting - Hi, folks, We need some speakers for our April 14th meeting. If you have a topic, please send me a title and a couple of sentences. If you’re interested in speaking, but don’t have a topic, we discussed some things like basic tool setup (git, gi Doug H. Mar 2, 2016 10:59 AM
NYT article about Manuel's renovation and preservation - I thought some of you might be interested in this article about the work at Manuel’s, since it involves digital preservation of the current accumulation of paraphernalia. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11­/10/us/digital-dig-unpacks-atl­anta-dive-bar-stuff Doug H. Nov 27, 2015 8:16 AM
Re: [pyatl] need a talk for next week - When am I on? Dec and Jan? Sent from my iPhone > On Nov 6, 2015, at 2:10 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote: > > OK, I’m calendar challenged. We all have our crosses to bear. > > We need 1 more speaker for December, not next wee PapaSmurf Nov 6, 2015 5:26 PM
Re: [pyatl] need a talk for next week - OK, I’m calendar challenged. We all have our crosses to bear. We need 1 more speaker for December, not next week. Calmer-now-thanks-ly, Doug > On Nov 6, 2015, at 2:08 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote: > > Hi, Folks, > > Du Doug H. Nov 6, 2015 2:10 PM
need a talk for next week - Hi, Folks, Due to some travel and work changes, I’ve let PyATL planning slip a bit. We have one speaker lined up for next week, but we could use another. Does anyone have an idea they’ve been holding off on suggesting that could be ready by Thursda Doug H. Nov 6, 2015 2:07 PM
Re: [pyatl] Curly Braces conference - While I moved out of Atlanta a couple years back, I'll forward this on to remaining contacts there.  I'd like to see this be successful. Thanks! Jeff Jeff M. Oct 20, 2015 12:53 PM
Curly Braces conference - Hello, PyAtl! I'm throwing a zero-cost, zero-marketing, community-oriented, single-day, single-track conference, consisting entirely of lightning talks. It's happening next month (Saturday, Nov. 14), at the Hyatt Shawn B. Oct 20, 2015 11:06 AM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - I may have a Star Project for you and a potential outsource job opportunity in mobile television broadcasting with one of America's 1st Mobile Television Studios Atlanta. Www.ASATelevisionStudi Thee C. Oct 13, 2015 10:25 AM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - kween Oct 13, 2015 9:51 AM
Re: [pyatl] Re: Group Project--Looking for Members - Due to medical circumstances I have not been able to attend James W. Oct 12, 2015 10:21 AM
RE: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - You're right in that Python is not used by the leading EMR v Bill T. Oct 12, 2015 9:49 AM
Re: [pyatl] Re: Group Project--Looking for Members - Hi all, I don't have time to mentor for Python, but I'm interested to read your threads if you continue talking about medical informatics, as I'm interested to hear more.  I'm a CS PhD student doing machi Alexander M. Oct 12, 2015 12:55 AM
Re: Group Project--Looking for Members - HIPAA *is* serious, and because of this there are anonymized medical datasets already available. Here's one such dataset which might be of use, saving time and increasing fidelity -- though I understand if you were lo Shawn B. Oct 12, 2015 12:45 AM
please be civil - Folks, please. I appreciate that many of you are not interested in the experiment we’re running setting up a project sub-group, but that’s no reason to lose our normally friendly community atmosphere. I suggested to Michelle that she start by an Doug H. Oct 11, 2015 5:41 PM
RE: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - As long as we use it as a learning tool and not to market it Bill T. Oct 11, 2015 5:06 PM
Let's Move off the Mailing List and Updates on My Project - Hello,    Since sending out an invite to do a small, skill-building, resume worthy project, I have gotten... about 30 interested parties and some hate mail.  Crazy, I know.  So, a few things... Michelle "Whalen" K. Oct 11, 2015 4:51 PM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - Keep your pants on.  It sounds like she just wants to do a project for the sake of experience, learning, and exposure to additional concepts.   The paranoia is a bit over the top.   Suggestion:  Please Brian Oct 11, 2015 4:45 PM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - Michelle: You ARE LEADING THESE PEOPLE INTO FAILURE!!! THIS IS NOT A FIELD FOR BEGINNERS OR NOVICES!!! I mspencer Oct 11, 2015 3:53 PM
RE: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - Python is NOT the standard!!! Sent by Outlook for Android mspencer Oct 11, 2015 3:50 PM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - 1)PYTHON IS NOT USED WITHIN MEDICAL INFORMATICS!!! 2) ICD-9 Is out!!! Mandatory ICD-10 started in Ictober 2015 this month!!! Federally mandated...No medical practice or hospital is allowed to use ICD-9 ! M. mspencer Oct 11, 2015 3:48 PM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - That is a worthwhile venture... M. Sent by Outlook for Android mspencer Oct 11, 2015 3:45 PM
RE: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - AGREE!!! Sent by Outlook for Android mspencer Oct 11, 2015 3:44 PM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT? Sent by Outlook for Android mspencer Oct 11, 2015 3:43 PM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - If you can convince 100+ members to transfer off of emails, I'm game but I don't it will work. Probably more simple for you to unsubscribe. Alejandro Elias V. Oct 11, 2015 3:39 PM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - Hi Michelle: Sorry for the typos...trying to send you messages using my cell phone which auto texts... P mspencer Oct 11, 2015 3:33 PM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - I am also interested. I am a novice programmer. I have taken a full Python course through coursera. Issa D. Oct 11, 2015 3:32 PM
RE: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - Don't want to sound rude, but, my mailbox is getting bombarded with these emails. Can this discussion be taken offline? Many me Amit Oct 11, 2015 3:28 PM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - Why don't we build a text-based game in Python? I planned to do this, but haven't got around to it. Alejandro Elias V. Oct 11, 2015 3:27 PM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - Hi Michelle: Please do not jump into the field of Medical Informatics with little to no experience with a few friends... mspencer Oct 11, 2015 3:19 PM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - Hi everyone, I also would like to participate. I am a novice programmer like others, currently learning through Udemy and Codeacademy.com right now and would like to learn through projects and receive mentorship. I Steven N. Oct 11, 2015 2:50 PM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - I would like to join.  Thanks, Pranith Macha — Sent from Mailbox O pranith Oct 11, 2015 1:59 PM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - I am interested to participate as a beginner. Have some programming experience but would love to work on a big project under the guidance of expert Eila E. Oct 11, 2015 1:57 PM
RE: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - I'm learning to program but would love to participate. Kendrick G. Oct 11, 2015 1:53 PM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - I would love to participate in this project. I am a software engineer at Cisco. On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 10:45 PM, Wally Le < user 1. Oct 11, 2015 1:31 PM
new discussion forum - Our communication needs are growing as the group expands, so I’ve converted our single meetup.com discussion board to their “forum view” to allow us to have multiple forums with different purposes. For now we just have the job listings and group dis Doug H. Oct 11, 2015 12:54 PM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - Count me in! If there is room. I have played with Python, but I am not fluent. Would love to join a group to build skills! Sent from my iPho Alejandro Elias V. Oct 11, 2015 12:38 PM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - Thanks! Michelle, for the initiative. Please count me in as a beginner. Th Madhu Oct 11, 2015 11:49 AM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - Sounds like a great idea.   I realize you already have your first project and wanted to put in a plug for "Code for Atlanta" when you are ready for your second project.  That group is about "Civic Hacking" and might be Darrell G. Oct 11, 2015 11:44 AM
RE: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - Hello all, Michelle, what a great suggestion, I've been wanting to attend one of the meetings but was apprehensive because I am a novice to py Joseph Oct 11, 2015 11:36 AM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - Hello, minh Oct 11, 2015 11:30 AM
RE: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - I'm also a Python novice, but I have 25+ hears of Healthcare Bill T. Oct 11, 2015 11:04 AM
RE: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - Please keep me posted. Would a weekend da Edward B. Oct 11, 2015 11:00 AM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - Hey Michelle,  This sounds great! Currently, I work in network security and have been learning programming .   I'd very much like to participate as a beginner group member.  Rashan Oct 11, 2015 10:22 AM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - I'd like to also get involved with a real solution -I have gone t terencef Oct 11, 2015 9:24 AM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - Put me down as a Python novice too. I've read "Learn Python the Hard Way" and Python in 24 hours" type of books. I've followed along the in book examples but would love to be involved as a beginner working on  real p Joe S. Oct 11, 2015 8:59 AM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - I would be interested in participating. I am at a novice level and would look for opportunities to build my skills in Python Bob Wells Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App ------ Bob W. Oct 11, 2015 7:31 AM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - Hello Michelle, This sounds interesting please count me in as a Python beginner. Thanks, Jamal Mitchell Sent from Galaxy Note 3 Jamal M. Oct 11, 2015 4:24 AM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - Wally L. Oct 10, 2015 10:42 PM
Re: [pyatl] Group Project--Looking for Members - Preview not available Karif M. Oct 10, 2015 10:33 PM
Group Project--Looking for Members - Hello,     My name is Michelle Kaiser and I am a self-taught programmer.  I was speaking to Doug and Daniel at last week's meeting about a problem I have.  I think I'm below where I'd like to be to market Michelle "Whalen" K. Oct 10, 2015 6:27 PM
RE: [pyatl] free ebooks from Packt next week - Preview not available mspencer Oct 9, 2015 1:39 PM
free ebooks from Packt next week - Hi, PyATL! I received email from someone at Packt about a promotion they are running, starting next week, offering free copies of some of their Python books. I’ve found them to be inconsistent quality, with some being quite good and others not so muc Doug H. Oct 9, 2015 12:32 PM
looking for the Justin who said he would talk this month - Sorry for the noise, everyone. We have a surprising number of Justins in our group, and I apparently thought I would remember exactly which one promised to talk. Next time I’ll take better notes. :-) In the mean time, if you’re the Justin who said Doug H. Aug 31, 2015 11:25 AM
Re: [pyatl] Python topic at AtlantaPHP, Sep. 3rd, 7pm - Good evening group,  I run a non profit organization that teaches coding and robotics to children from low income communities. I'm looking for programmers that would like to teach kids languages such as HTML, PHP, Ja William O. Aug 24, 2015 8:30 PM
Python topic at AtlantaPHP, Sep. 3rd, 7pm - Hi everyone! I lead the AtlantaPHP User Group and I wanted to let you know that the presentation at our upcoming meeting is Python related - about using the Fabric library for web app deployment and admin ta Chris S. Aug 24, 2015 8:11 PM
we need a new logo! - Hi, everyone! As I mentioned last night at the meeting, I would like some help from within the group to design a new logo for our meetup site and for us to use on signs advertising the meetings at Manuel’s. If you have any artistic inclinations, plea Doug H. Aug 14, 2015 9:06 AM
Meetup details changed: Python Atlanta Meetup - I've updated speaker list on the Meetup site for this week. Adrienne will be giving us an update on the local PyLadies chapter, and I will be talking about Smiley, a tracing debugger I've been working on. For more details, see the full listing: Doug H. Aug 9, 2015 9:47 AM
Sr Python oppty for gaming system with cool intown digital agency on Eastside Beltline - Hi there, Doug S. Aug 6, 2015 12:10 PM
Re: [pyatl] Atlanta Wins! Thank you for your support - Congratulations, JR! > On Jul 10, 2015, at 1:32 PM, JR Rickerson wrote: > > Good afternoon Pythonistas! > > This morning, the State Department announced the winners for Fishackathon 2015, and our team from Atlanta, "KnowFi Doug H. Jul 10, 2015 3:17 PM
Re: [pyatl] Atlanta Wins! Thank you for your support - That's fantastic!  Well done everyone! Chris Luehmann crluehmann@gmail.c Chris L. Jul 10, 2015 1:34 PM
Atlanta Wins! Thank you for your support - Good afternoon Pythonistas! This morning, the State Department announced the winners for Fishackathon 2015, and our team from Atlanta, "KnowFish," has won the People's Choice award!  Two of our tea JR R. Jul 10, 2015 1:31 PM
looking for speakers for the next few months - Hi, folks, We have several open speaking slots in August and October. August is the anniversary for our PyLadies chapter, so we’ll give priority to PyLadies members who would like to present, but if we don’t have any takers we do have open slots Doug H. Jul 10, 2015 12:06 PM
Re: [pyatl] espeak with python - http://stackoverflow.com/quest­ions/638391 Aarsh T. Jul 8, 2015 10:26 PM
espeak with python - I hope everyone is well, I am looking for some help with espeak the text to speech tool. Is anyone in the community used a tool like this before? -- Thanks, Gary G M. Jul 7, 2015 1:38 PM

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy