Hey, everyone! We are hosting another round of the python 101 meetup, where we hope to introduce you to the basics of python in a limited amount of time.
This class is priced at $15.00 per RSVP and is meant for complete beginners in python or those who have had no experience at all with programming (novice level).
What we'll be doing:
We're looking to introduce you to the tenets of python programming in a limited amount of time:
• Introduction to python - Editors, config, environments
• Variables and types in python, printing basics
• Intro to functions and parameters - basics
• Intro to primary python data structures - lists & dictionaries
• Prompting, command line and file operations using python
Before the meetup (prep work):
As this is a pretty ambitious syllabus, we strongly suggest the following in terms of prep work, before coming over:
1. Plan on bringing a laptop (Mac, Windows, or Linux) with you to the meetup, since we'll be coding along
2. Install Sublime Text 2: This will be the editor we're going to use since it makes it easy for us to get started without worrying about indentations, etc
3. Install Python 2.7 - (not 3.5), since this entire class will be based on it.
4. Configure your environment:
• For windows users, figure out how to set the home variable for python (follow step 2 ONLY from this page: http://www.aaronstannard.com/how-to-setup-a-proper-python-environment-on-windows/ )
• Mac users, see if python is installed properly by typing "python" in your terminal (Ctrl+D to exit)
Thanks, and see you guys in class!