New to Python? Wanting to learn more about web development or scientific computing?
This weekly study group's goal is to bring together Pythonistas to learn new things in a collaborative environment. No formal lesson but we'll be around to answer questions and help each other. Here are some getting started resources: http://pythonsd.org/pages/getting-started.html
Here are a few of the tutorials that people have been working on:
• The Flask Mega-Tutorial http://blog.miguelgrinberg.com/post/the-flask-mega-tutorial-part-i-hello-world
• An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python Coursera https://www.coursera.org/course/interactivepython (https://www.coursera.org/course/interactivepython)
• Web Development - How to Build a Blog Udacity https://www.udacity.com/course/c-cs253/
• Learning IPython for Interactive Computing and Data Visualization IPython mini-book http://cyrille.rossant.net/making-pyqt4-pyside-and-ipython-work-together/ (http://cyrille.rossant.net/making-pyqt4-pyside-and-ipython-work-together/)
• Test-Driven Web Development with Django SD Python Workshop
• and others...
Hope to see you there!