What we’re about
Play and discuss videogames in a warm and safe atmosphere with other like-minded people from the LGBTIQA+ community in Berlin!
Join us for an afternoon of gaming and socializing: meet new people with similar interests and explore the world of videogames :)
Our main goal is to work toward a #SaferSpace for all of us, queer gamers, and for this we will need your help. If you are interested and you are wondering if this group is for you, take a look at our code of conduct where you will find the answer.
For the same reason, and to make sure we can create and maintain a good atmosphere, we will limit the event to around 30 people. For this reason, we ask you to confirm your attendance in advance (and cancel it in case you cannot come, so someone else can join).
The main group event will take place in English, but if English is not your preferred language and you would rather speak German, worry not! Let us know and we will find a way to make the event easier for you!
The event will take place in one of two different LGBTIQA+ community centers in Berlin, both run by volunteers.
You are welcome to bring snacks to share with everybody, while drinks can be bought directly at the community center bar to support the association and its volunteers.
You can bring your own controllers and portable consoles if you like: the more we have available, the better so more people can play :)
We will try to host one event per month, on either a Saturday or Sunday from 13:00 to 17:00. You are welcome to stay afterwards in the LGBTIQA+ centre to hang out with your new gamer friends at the bar!!
We will also try to do occasional brainstorming events when needed. You will have the opportunity to share new ideas for future events and to help us plan upcoming meetings!
The contact person for all communications relates to this group is Arturo.
We look forward to gaming together!
Upcoming events (1)See all
- Queer Gamers Berlin #10 - DecemberSonntags-Club e.V., Berlin, BE
Hello fellow gamers, you’re invited to join us on Dec 16, 2023, from 18:30 to 23:30 for our monthly meetup!
As always, you will find:
- On the main stage, possible tournaments for Super Smash Bros. Mario Kart, Runbow and many other games… any request is welcome!
- A dedicated PS4 room to enjoy some of the best co-op games the PlayStation world has to offer
- An empty docker for your Nintendo Switch: bring your console and play your favourite games with others!
- A retro-gaming station filled with multiplayer games to re-discover gems from the past
- Chill room and lounge space available to play board-games, chat or just relax :)
- Bar service and seating space to cool down and enjoy a drink
Open spaces for you to collaborate
We will offer you two ways to collaborate with us in this event: open mic on stage and a open station:
- Open Mic: Do you have any idea, game, presentation, specific tournament, piece of art or anything gaming related that you would like to share with other gamers? Let us know in advance about it and we will save a spot for you on stage!
- Open Station: Do you wanna bring a specific console and game for this event? Contact us in advance and we will set up a station for you with a TV (with HDMI connection), a table and some chairs.
If you want to attend:
We ask you to take a moment to read our Code of Conduct, especially if you are not sure whether this is the right group for you.
The number of participants for every event is limited. This is because we want to guarantee a safer space and a warm atmosphere to all members of the LGBTIQA+ community. This is, and will always be, our main goal. Please make sure to confirm your attendance and remember to cancel if you cannot come: this way you will give someone else the chance to join in your place.
We understand not everyone wishes their activities to be publicly visible so if you don’t want to register for attendance directly on the event page (for privacy reasons, for example), just send us a private message and we will count you in!
The event location:
The event will take place mostly in one of our two main locations (sometimes we have special events in different locations), so please take a look before the event to make sure you are going to the right one!
- Sonntags-Club e. V. in Greifenhagener Straße 28, 10437 Berlin-Prenzlauer Berg. Sonntags-Club is an event, information & counseling center for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered persons as well as for all friends and interested parties. You can find out more about the association’s history and activities by visiting the official website.
- AHA-Berlin e.V. (Allgemeine Homosexuelle Arbeitsgemeinschaft) in Monumentenstraße 13, 10829 Berlin-Schöneberg is an association that hosts queer youth groups, cultural and cabaret events, parties and workshops. Find out more about the association’s history and current activities by visiting the official website.
What to bring?
You are invited to bring your own PS4 and Switch controllers or game-pads, to join in on the fun and allow more people to play. If you want to bring other portable consoles or setups you’d like to share with the group, let us know in advance so we can make sure there’s enough space :)
Snacks are very welcome! Drinks are available for you to buy at the venue, thanks to the association’s own bar service, which is run by volunteers.