addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Random Acts of Kindness Volunteer / Non-Profit Meetup Message Board › What to Expect at the Sandwich Making Parties

What to Expect at the Sandwich Making Parties

A former member
Post #: 54
This is what you can expect on the Saturday sandwich making events:

People start arriving between 10:30 and 11:00. We get the tables set up and around sometime between 11:00 and 11:15 Barbara(the owner of EXcuses wil give her spiel to all of the volunteers on the proper and legal safety rules for making sandwiches. An inventory of all the food that is donated is taken and we try to calculate what we need to make our minimum goal of 1000 sandwiches. (two days worth) While the sandiches are being made someone makes a trip to the Neighborhood Walmart store at Hall and 75 to purchase what we are short to make our goal. It usually comes to about $100 in bread, meat, cheese and or baggies. If you want to donate it is certainly appreciated but not mandatory. The food usually makes it back around 12:30. In the meantime there may be a short delay which is a good time to socialize, eat lunch or if you need to be somewhere feel free to leave. There is usually enough people left to finish making the sandwiches. We typically are done making the sandwiches between 1:00 and 1:30. A few of us stay and have lunch at eXcuses since Barbara is so accomodating in letting us use her place and the food is awesome. The trick is to order before we finish so she can have your order ready. Otherwise they get overwhelmed and it may take a while to get your food. I usually order and then take the sandwiches across the street to the Soupmobile warehouse where the sandwiches
are kept until Monday.
Lance P.
lance1224
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 201
Thanks for posting this Al. Really appreciate your organizing the SoupMobile events.
A former member
Post #: 6
Is there an age restriction for this event? Can I bring a 9 year old?
A former member
Post #: 56
There are no age restrictions for the sandwich events. eXcuses is a cafe/restaurant during the day. We have been doing the sandwich events there for about 8 months now and we are usually the only ones there during that time. I have noticed over the past few weeks that people are bringing more kids and I think it's great and they are certainly welcome
A former member
Post #: 2

Hey, Al. I wonder if this video link will work and can it be published on the Sandwiches for SoupMobile Page.

Let me know.

http://www.youtube.co...­