Welcome back after the summer break :-)
We start earlier this time around, because it is quite a special event. It is a combined event for both React Edinburgh and Node.js Edinburgh meetups.
We have an absolute pleasure to let you know that Anna Henningsen is coming to give us a Node.js talk. Anna is quite famous Node.js core contributor. You can see the proof using the link below. She is all over the Node.js codebase :-)
We also have Michał Osadnik come and talk about exciting newly released React Navigation v5.
Don't forget about our BBQ Party :-)
• 5:00pm - 5:20pm: Gathering
• 5:20pm - 6:00pm: Node.js Feature Livecoding by Anna Henningsen
• 6:00pm - 6:30pm: Component First Navigation In React Native by Michał Osadnik
• 6:30pm - 9:30pm: BBQ Party! Details and sign up below:
All attendees need to provide their full names in advance. Also, you will need to bring some form of photo ID to show on the day - something like a passport, driving licence, or work ID would be grand.
The event will be recorded. Let the organisers know, if you don't want to be included in the pictures or videos. Some of them will be used on our social media channels.
If you are coming by car, here are the details for a carpark nearby:
biggles at large
---> Talk 1: Node.js Feature Livecoding by Anna Henningsen
Anna re-builds a simple Node.js core feature from scratch on stage, giving insight into the internals of Node.js and the process around making changes to Node core.
Over the last 3 years, Anna has been one of the most active contributors to Node.js core. Currently working on Node.js at NearForm, she is fueled by a passion for Node and its community.
---> Talk 2: Component First Navigation In React Native by Michał Osadnik
In this talk, we'll take a look at how a component-first API will look like in react Navigation.
- History of navigation in React Native
- Limitations in the current static API of React Navigation
- How a component-first API is easier to understand and more React-like
- Potential new improvements with a component-first API