What we’re about
IMPORTANT: Please read this before requesting to join this group
Who are we?
This is the private Meetup group of the Redland Bushwalkers Club, a group of friendly, like-minded people who enjoy a variety of activities in the great outdoors. We are based in the Redlands, thirty minutes south east of Brisbane CBD, but new members are welcome from all areas.
What do we do?
Our walks and activities include day walks, multi-day through walks, base camps, abseiling, kayaking, cycling and social activities.
• Annual fee (currently $40) with no limit on the number of activities a member can participate in;
• All our activities are run by experienced leaders;
• We have a walk grading system so that you can choose activities that are within your capability;
• Members are protected by Personal Accident Insurance & Public Liability Insurance; details are found on our website;
• Not sure what to bring? We have Gear Lists for Day Walks and Through Walks and our experienced leaders are always willing to offer advice;
• We practice and teach the principles of Walking Softly and Walking Safely to help protect our natural environment and minimise the risk of injury; and
• We have a Leader Development Program where you can co-lead an activity with an experienced leader until you are capable of leading by yourself
How do I join?
If you request to join this Meetup group, we will contact you via Meetup with details of our introductory walk, held monthly on the Saturday following our Club meeting. Once you have completed the introductory walk and joined our club your request to join the group will be accepted.
For more information visit our website: http://www.redlandbushwalkers.org.au
Where are our meetings held?
Club meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month (except December) at 7:00pm for 7.15pm start at Cleveland Lions Hall - 122 Shore Street North Cleveland (heading towards Cleveland Point on the left-hand side where the Historic Buildings are located).