Developer experience versus user experience? The latter may be more important, but how to:
- address CRO from a technical (and user visual) perspective;
- improve perceived performance by 'cheating';
- improve overall website's pagespeed.
The following will also be demonstrated:
- how performance is sometimes being applied counterproductively by/at agencies and companies;
- how you can be 3 times as fast as AMP/PWA, building the traditional way (Server Side Rendering versus Client Side Rendering).
Erwin Hofman is a developer, started building his own CMS in 2004. Following Google guidelines, Lighthouse reports and performance best practices, he gained theoretical and practical knowledge when it comes to pagespeed (and technical SEO, his CMS was one of the first to adopt socalled 'SEO friendly URLs'). His CMS is now used by several Dutch web agencies, scoring 99% mobile pagespeed scores and being accessible at the same time.
As a consultant, he is helping e-commerce companies (and it's developers) towards improved accessibility, pagespeed (metrics) and thus UX and conversion.
Thanks iWink for the location!
19:30 - Doors are open
20:00 - Performance by Design talk (in English)
21:00 - Drinks -- Meet new people