Are you curious about what it’s like to work remotely? It continues to be a growing trend in our industry with no sign of slowing down. For our first meetup of 2020, we’re hosting a discussion at FSU's Innovation Hub with Jason Beaird about his experience with remote life. He’ll dive into some of the most common questions and biggest misconceptions about what it’s like to work from home as a UX designer or developer. As a visceral bonus, Jason will be presenting by video conference from his home office in Orlando.
Jason works remotely from Orlando as a UX Team Lead with Paylocity. As an experienced “player-coach,” he has worn the hats of product manager, designer, front-end developer, and user researcher. A few of his more well-known efforts include conceiving and evolving The MailChimp Pattern Library and writing The Principles of Beautiful Web Design. He also helps organize Orlando’s Downtown UX Meetup.
About FSU's Innovation Hub
The Innovation Hub at FSU was built to foster a collaborative community founded on a culture of creativity and innovation that identifies issues, explores opportunities, and develops solutions using design thinking and emerging technologies. Located at the heart of FSU's campus, the Hub includes a Digital Fablab, VR Lab, Design Lab, and a variety of collaboration spaces designed to support face-to-face interactive co-creation, design thinking-style, and remote collaboration using online tools.
Join us at the Designer Drinks event at El Cocinero immediately following our event. More details can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/events/170269851075913/.
Venue + Parking Instructions
The team at FSU's Innovation Hub is excited to host the Refresh Tallahassee meetup Friday and to connect with our local creative, innovative talent! We want to make sure you are able to find us without any issues. Here are some pro tips for navigating and parking.
1) Orient yourself by viewing our location on the map at https://goo.gl/maps/oBbhGPdz8pJKnjva7
2) The best approach is from the South on Jefferson Street (at The Sweet Shop). Don't enter campus from the North on Tennessee St, or you'll get caught up in a maze of one-way streets and gates. S. Macomb to Jefferson to Gray St is a safe approach.
3) Loop around our building on Collegiate Loop and you'll see three parking lots, two faculty lots and one big parking garage.
4) Faculty parking lots are open to everyone after 4:30. Many faculty and staff leave at 5:00, so a lot of spaces will open up around that time. Grab 'em quick! There's a faculty parking lot right behind our building. Get here early for the best parking! If faculty lots are full, troll the multi-level parking garage.
5) The Innovation Hub takes up the entire first floor of the Shores Bldg. If you enter from Landis Green you'll walk straight into our space. If you enter the building from the rear, you'll need to go up one level.
6) If you have any trouble, phone our front desk at[masked], or Ken's Cell at[masked].
Find out more about the Innovation Hub at www.innovation.fsu.edu. Access Ken's Design Thinking class at www.innovation.fsu.edu/design.
There's no charge for the event, but donations are appreciated. Thanks!