What we're about
If you love going to the theater, we'd love for you to come with us. Rhode Island has some amazing theater and we visit many of them every season.
How to Join
1. Review our group's description and check out our current and past meetups. See if the type theater we attend appeals to you.
2. Read the group's Reserved Ticket Policy here: http://www.meetup.com/ritheatre/pages/Reser...
3. Read the group's No Show Policy here: http://www.meetup.com/ritheatre/pages/No_Sh... (http://www.meetup.com/ritheatre/pages/No_Show_Policy/)
NOTE: You must indicate acceptance of the No Show and Reserved Ticket policies on your application. Any application that does not indicate acceptance will be returned.
4. Click the "Join" button. Please provide a recent photo of yourself when you apply. Applications that do not have a photo of the applicant will be declined. Why? Because we need to find you in the lobby of the theater and a photo of your dog, cat, or a large grey question mark does not help us recognize you.
Ticket purchase details vary by show. Details will be posted in the event description.
There is currently no membership fee for joining the group.
Some basics about how the group works:
* Check our site to find plays that appeal to you.
* RSVP and follow the instructions pertaining to tickets for that Meetup. General Admission tickets are purchased by each member directly from the theater. Reserved Seating tickets are all purchased by the event organizer, typically 45 days before the play so as to ensure good seating. At this time, the only accepted method of payment for Reserved Seating tickets is via Paypal.
* Actually come to the show (this is the important part)!
We have Meetups once or twice a month year round so there's sure to be something that appeals to you.
The week prior to an event to which you have RSVPed "YES", you will receive an e-mail from the organizer reminding you of the event. That e-mail will also include the organizer's cell phone number. If you are unable to attend an event to which you have RSVPed yes, you have three options before the play begins:
1) Change your RSVP to "NO" on the site.
2) Call or text the event organizer.
3) E-mail the event organizer.
Simply not showing up for an event to which you have RSVPed "YES" without doing one of those three constitutes a "no-show" and warrants removal from the group.
As a condition of your voluntary participation in the Rhode Island Theater Meetup Group you acknowledge and agree to the following: this group's activities are voluntary; the organizer of this group and the event coordinator(s) of this group's activities are volunteers; and you for yourself, your heirs, executors, and administrators release, hold harmless, and indemnify the group organizer and activity leader(s) and all members of this group from any and all claims for property damage, injury, illness, disability, and/or death - including those caused by negligence and/or other reasons.