Details: this is an online workshop. Please follow the link to enter the room https://my.webinar.fm/go/busin180/careerworkshop.
Description: 4 hour Business Analysis Career Fundamentals Workshop is an intensive hands-on course that is designed to help you make first step towards landing business analysis career.
This workshop will focus on defining skills that will help you to make transition to the business analysis field and on BA fundamentals: Projects, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and role of a BA on each phase of the SDLC.
IMPORTANT: WORKSHOP RECORDINGS WILL BE SENT OUT TO THOSE WHO REGISTER FOR THE EVENT.
DO NOT FORGET TO REGISTER (EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO ATTEND) TO RECEIVE A RECORDING VIA EMAIL.
Who is this workshop for
- For people in an administrative office or IT position (developer, tester, operations analyst, etc.) who want to transition into a Business Analyst role, but don’t know how.
- For a junior to mid-level BA who is either challenged with day-to-day responsibilities or feels “stuck” in their career.
- For those, who have previously attended Business Analysis training(s) but are struggling with getting a BA job.
Module 1. Business Analysis Skills and Responsibilities.
You will learn about
- soft and hard skills needed to become a business analysts, define those that you already have and create a roadmap to improve the others.
- responsibilities Business Analyst performs on a daily basis and define those that you've performed through your prior work experience and education.
Module 2. Introduction to Projects
You will learn about projects and what business analyst should know about working on a project.
Module 3. Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
You'll learn about different stages of the SDLC, what business analyst does at each stage and how to work with development team and other stakeholders.
Why should you attend?
Business analysis is one of the most rewarding IT positions that provides endless career opportunities, great salaries and flexibility that many of us dream of. However, transition to the business analysis field is a rocky road and a lot of folks feel discouraged midway. This workshop is designed to help you make first steps towards transitioning to the business analysis career and in a little as four hours of the workshop you will be able to map out your own business analysis career path.
Who are the trainers
Alla Strader, MBA, PMP, CSPO, CSM - Trainer and coach at BAcademy.
Over 12 years of progressive experience in managing and analyzing complex, financial, federal grant management and health information systems.
Specialize in project management, vendor management, business and system analysis, release and software development lifecycle (SDLC) management.
Hanna Rojas, MBA, M.ED, CSPO - Trainer and coach at BAcademy.
Sr. Business Analyst with ten years of experience in education government contracting, and aviation domains. Organizer of the Washington DC Meetup "Business Analysts and Project Management Networking"