It’s the last meetup of the year and thanks to Storyful (http://storyful.com/) and PlayON.co (https://playon.co/) it is going to be a cracker! We’ve got talks on the challenges of scaling architecture, as well as how to use RabbitMQ with Rails to build a social feed switchboard. And not only are they putting up the speakers but they’re also putting their money where their mouth is by sponsoring, not one, but two end of year parties! Here’s the schedule…
• 6:00-6:45pm Pre-meetup party at Slattery's bar, sponsored by PlayON.co (directions (http://tinyurl.com/slatts))
• 7:00pm Doors open at Engine Yard
• 7:20pm Talk 1: Challenges of Architecture and Scaling at PlayON.co by Killian Jones
• 7:50pm Talk 2: Building a social feed switchboard using RabbitMQ & Rails at Storyful by Tony Byrne
• 8:45pm-late After party at Ely HQ, sponsored by Storyful (directions (http://tinyurl.com/elyhqx))
As usual, there will be RubyMine licences up for grabs. And, as ever, a big thanks Engine Yard for hosting us. So close out 2014 in style. You know all you want for Christmas is make it down to our end of year bash and meet your fellow Rubyists! And help us out by hitting the RSVP button.