addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The North Jersey Road Runners Message Board › New Meetup: 4 Mile Run in Ridgewood (Wild Duck Pond) followed by core exercises

New Meetup: 4 Mile Run in Ridgewood (Wild Duck Pond) followed by core exercises

Mike
user 8224604
Group Organizer
East Rutherford, NJ
Announcing a new Meetup for The North Jersey Road Runners!

What: 4 Mile Run in Ridgewood (Wild Duck Pond) followed by core exercises
When: Wednesday, July 6, 2011 6:15 PM

Where: Saddle River County Park- Wild Duck Pond, Ridgewood NJ
East Ridgewood Ave
Ridgewood, NJ 07450

*You don't have to do the core exercises. We do them if the group wants to do them.*

This four mile run starts at the "Wild Duck Pond" area of the Saddle River County Park in Ridgewood. We will start at the beginning of the mile markers which is near the exit, not near the entrance. There's parking close to the beginning of the path. If you cannot park in the lot nearest the beginning of the path, you'll need to reenter the park and park in the next closest lot.

I'm attaching a link to the whole park map. We will start at the "Wild Duck Pond Area" and will turn around at about the 2.0 mile marker which is by the Dunkerhook Area of the park. If you'd like to run more than four miles, you are certainly more than welcome to do so as the mile markers make it simple to track your distance. Depending on the turnout we sometimes break off into little groups of two or three people, each of which may go at slightly different paces and/or distances. Regardless, if you wish to run at a slower pace, either I or someone else will run with you at your preferred pace. Nobody gets left in the dust. This is a fun run, not a competition.

We will run rain or shine, hot or cold. If you RSVP "Yes", please do your best to be on time as we'll only wait a couple of minutes past 6:00 PM to get rolling. If you have questions, comments, or doubts, feel free to email me. I look forward to seeing you on Wednesday.

We will follow up our run with some core exercises. Refer to the following link from Runner's World (5/2007) for a list of some of the exercises we may do for ten to twenty minutes afterwards:

http://www.runnerswor...­

Saddle River County Park Map

For directions:
­http://www.co.bergen....

Check it out!