|Sent on:||Monday, April 16, 2012 9:34 PM|
Todd Schafer of Schafer Design will give a hands-on workshop that will give attendees the skills to confidently manage a WordPress website.
Attendees will learn how to create new posts and pages; install, use and update plug-ins and themes; set up a simple contact page form; do a WordPress update; add images, video, audio, PDFs; and more.
Attendees will receive a WordPress website with three months free hosting and then discounted hosting by GiveMeAPing.com.
This is a small Hands-On Workshop with a personal approach to learning, led by experienced instructors to help you through every step of this 2 hour workshop. Gain the skills necessary to confidently manage your WordPress website hosted by GiveMeAPing.com for 3 months. All ready have your own WordPress site? Great, we can show you how to manage WordPress using your existing site!
With an overview of each section of the WordPress administration area, you will learn how to create new posts and pages. How to install, use and update plug ins and themes. How to set-up a simple contact page form. How to do a WordPress update. How to add Images, Video, Audio, PDF’s and much more!
After your free 3 months are up, you are also eligible to receive half off of a year’s worth of web hosting (a $30 value) with GiveMeAPing.com, your local, low cost web hosts. Taking your newly built WordPress site to your URL of choice is then a snap!
WordPress Pre requisites
• Make sure you have an up to date working laptop with one of the following browsers:
Internet Explorer 8+ or FireFox 3.5+ or Safari Version 5+
• a gmail account, or another email account that you have access to, so that you can activate items.
• A computer that has a wifi enabled internet connection and know how to enable it.
Things You Will Learn:
• Setting up and get familiar with your new WordPress website. With this guided tour of the WordPress administration area with an overview of each section.
• Understanding and step by step instruction of creating and adding new Posts and Pages.
• An overview of the most often used parts of the content editor
• How to add Images, Video, Audio and PDF’s
• How to format your text.
• How to select, install and use plug ins and themes.
• How to use the WordPress Menu navigation panel
• Learn about setting up categories
• Understand and configure your sidebar using widgets
• How to set-up a simple contact page form.
• How to do a WordPress update.
Valuable Tips and Tricks
• Overview of some often used and instructor recommended plug ins and themes
• How to set up and use these plug ins and themes.
• Easy ways to edit and format your content an images.
• Adding read more breaks in your content.
• How to update plug ins and themes.
Register today for only $89.00 at http://webworxsantacruz.com/registration/