West Marine's BlueFuture, Dr. Wallace J. Nichols, Blueye Robotics, Buoy Labs, Ventana Surfboards, Clean Oceans Int., more
This month’s event theme is BLUE TECH: water and marine technologies. VIDEO HERE: (https://vimeo.com/231020058/86afbd8ed0)
And we have an inspiring line-up of presentations:
• 6:00 Doors Open – networking, food, beverage, live music by Cruz Control, and sponsor Networking Tables.
• 7:00 Welcome, Announcements
• 7:10 West Marine's BlueFuture (https://www.westmarine.com/BlueFuture/Grants) / Deb Radcliff – learn about West Marine’s grants for non-profit organizations dedicated to youth waterlife recreation and education.
• 7:15 Institute of Marine Sciences at UCSC (https://ims.ucsc.edu/) / Gary Griggs – Gary will be providing a short introduction to Monterey Bay and how the combination of a unique, nearly pristine and mostly protected oceanographic environment has attracted a large and diverse group of academic, educational and research institutions that have made the region a global center for marine research and education.
• 7:25 Fireside Chat with Dr. Wallace J. Nichols (http://www.wallacejnichols.org/) — Dr. Wallace J. Nichols has combined marine biology with neuroscience to explain why living near water makes us happier and healthier. Dr. J. Nichols is author of NY Times Best Seller BLUE MIND (http://www.wallacejnichols.org/126/585/bluemind-little-brown-amp-company-2014.html). Toby Corey / President Tesla SolarCity (retired) will moderate. There will also be an audience Q&A. Every attendee will receive a blue marble (http://www.wallacejnichols.org/130/blue-marbles.html)!
• 7:45 Company Presentations
• Blueye Robotics (https://www.blueyerobotics.com/) / Christine Spiten – traveling all the way from Norway, Christine and team will share Pioneer: the next generation ocean drone. Team Blueye would also like to arrange a DEMO DAY on Friday September 8, possibly at the end of the SC Wharf. Interested? Message them at https://www.facebook.com/blueyerobotics/
• Buoy Labs (https://buoy.ai/) / Keri Waters — rising star and Santa Cruz startup will help us understand the importance of water conservation.
• Integral Consulting (https://www.integral-corp.com/) / Craig Jones — learn about state-of-the-art ocean measurement technologies
• Ventana Surfboards & Supplies (https://ventanasurfboards.com/) - David Dennis, co-founder of Ventana Surfboards & Supplies, will showcase how Ventana has married traditional wooden surfboard craftsmanship with state-of-the-art technology to drive their success. From lasers to bio-resins to automated shipping systems, you’ll hear how this two-person company is able to compete with much larger competitors.
• Clean Oceans International (https://cleanoceansinternational.org/) - John Jefferies updates us on cutting edge practical solutions for plastic solutions.
• More to be announced soon
Learn about hot new technologies and mingle with 400+ fellow entrepreneurs, investors, bloggers, and tech enthusiasts. If you are interested in presenting, making an announcement, or becoming a sponsor, see the related links on the left side of this page. This event is always packed, so be sure to RSVP early. Doors open at 6:00pm, presentations start at 7:00pm. Entry fee is $15 (pay at the door), $5 for students with valid ID (RSVP, pay at the door), free to Idea Hub Pitch Competition participants. Admission includes food, beverage, and LIVE MUSIC. Purchase your tickets now!!!