10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY, GUY KAWASAKI, CHRIS THORNBERG, MARILYN WALKER, BETTER FINDS, FIN, AMAZON, TRITON, VOCASSO, JOBY AVIATION ANNOUNCEMENT
This event marks our 10 year anniversary! We are celebrating with an extraordinary line up of speakers:
Fireside Chat with Guy Kawasaki and Marilyn Walker: Guy will interview Marilyn Walker, Professor of Computer Science at UCSC. Marilyn has worked with Google and AT&T on AI for conversational agents. Her more recent projects include an AI that can detect sarcasm and humor. Hmmm, I wonder if it can detect Wise Guy nuances…? - State of Santa Cruz Tech / Chris Thornberg: the Santa Cruz Workforce Development Board presents Chris Thornberg who present his research on why Santa Cruz has such a vibrant tech ecosystem.
- Better Finds / Jonathan Lo: if you are like most Americans, you have $7,000 of “stuff” laying around your house. Sell it through the Better Finds marketplace, and the proceeds will benefit your favorite charity, while you receive a tax receipt for the entire purchase price.
- The Future of AI / Sam Lessin: podcast luminary and CEO of FIN, Sam will give us the low-down on AI, and what it means to us in the very near future.
- Triton / Simba Khadder, Ryan Brounley: two recent UCSC grads have rocketed to stardom with their AI for product recommendations.
- Amazon / Thomas “Elvis” Jones: what are giant e-commerce companies like Amazon doing with AI? All ears, listen to Elvis.
- Vocasso / Ryan McVicker: this unique application uses AI to provide a voice for the speech impaired. Our Leadership Sponsors are UCSC and Santa Cruz Workforce Development Board. Learn about hot new technologies and mingle with 400+ fellow entrepreneurs, investors, bloggers, and tech enthusiasts. Doors open at 6:00pm for networking and food, presentations start at 7:00pm. Admission is $15 online, or $25 at the door. Students with valid IDs pay $10 at the door. Event fees include food, and LIVE MUSIC by Cruz Control. Free parking: validate your parking ticket at our Registration. If you are interested in presenting or making an announcement: Apply to Present (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe3Ugax6TfGpbt_5MzACrzexNsvpyCF0aoTOdt1lkvokEIgXw/viewform?usp=sf_link) If you are interested in a Networking Table or becoming a sponsor: Become a Sponsor (https://goo.gl/forms/xU2sTxAFHLWhRAFu1).