This workshop is designed to get you familiar with the manual exposure mode on your camera so you can take complete control of your camera and be independent of automatic and semi-automatic modes. This workshop teaches shutter speed, aperture, and ISO in-depth, and how they work together and balance each other to achieve a properly exposed image. You will learn how to adjust each of these functions together and use your camera's built-in light meter to properly balance them for an optimal exposure. We will also cover advanced camera features so you can achieve the highest quality image possible in any situation. Manual exposure opens the door to many more photographic possibilities so you can get the shot you want in any lighting environment.
This workshop is part classroom instruction with powerpoint and demonstrations integrated with outdoor camera exercises. If you have already taken our Introduction to Photography 101 Workshop, this class is the perfect follow up and will include some review and a ton of new information to get you moving forward in your photographic journey. This is a content-rich class, so we recommend bringing a notebook and a pen. We will provide handouts for you to follow along and take notes.
This workshop covers:
• Review from 101 workshop
• Viewfinder features
• Advanced camera features
• Understanding and using manual exposure
• How to read and use the camera's histogram
• Using the camera's built-in light meter
• Controlling motion and depth of field
• Taking control of auto-focus
• Metering modes
• Image formats
• White Balance
• Lens filters
• Tips and tricks
Bring your camera, lenses, battery, and memory card.
We will have water and coffee available, but feel free to bring your own snacks and beverages if you wish.
This class is 3 hours with a short break half way through.
• This class requires a minimum of 5 reservations to commence. If we do not receive the minimum number of RSVPs by 3:00 PM on the day before the workshop, the workshop will be cancelled or rescheduled, and payments will be immediately refunded.
• We will gladly process a refund if you cancel more than 24 hours before the workshop. If you cancel within 24 hours or do not show up to the workshop, you will not receive a refund.