Have questions about Java or need help with a project? Or are you Java developer eager to discuss the latest SeaJUG lecture event and share ideas? Whether you're a total newbie interested in learning Java from scratch, or a seasoned engineer, come hang out with fellow SeaJUG members at Java Office Hours!
SeaJUG Office Hours will be hosted once a month in the evening from 6:00-8:00pm. This is open to everyone regardless of experience level! If you’re just getting into programming, we can help you install Java and a development environment on your laptop so you can work through some beginner’s exercises and start learning the language. If you’re working on a personal project or just want to bounce ideas off of someone, this is the place to do it!
SeaJUG Office Hours offer a relaxed atmosphere for developers at all levels to connect and work on personal projects, share ideas, answer questions, and just hang out. This is an open format so feel free to come and go as you please.
When/Where will office hours be hosted?
- SeaJUG Office Hours will be scheduled on a monthly basis and last from 6:00 - 8:00pm. This will be an open format so come and go as you please.
Why should I attend?
- You need help digging into a coding issue or would like feedback on your code
- You want to find collaborators to work together on an exciting new project
- You're interested in discussing java-related technologies in a casual setting
- You just want to hang out and meet other Java developers/people learning Java
Is food provided?
Snacks and drinks are not provided for this event, but there are some restaurants and convenience stores within a few blocks of Code Fellows, and you are welcome to eat/drink in the space. (If you have a company interested in sponsoring, please reach out to Sam at [masked])
What should I bring?
- A laptop and your questions/code/project/friend!
Thanks to Code Fellows for hosting us! When you enter their office, follow the signs (or ask the friendly folks at the front desk) to the Ada Lovelace room. If you have trouble finding us, please post here or text Sam at[masked].
There is on-site parking, street parking, and ample public transportation options
Bike parking is available on level 'UP' in the parking garage below the building. Garage access via the northwest corner of 2nd and Broad. Please supply your own lock.