addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Progressive Social Group Message Board › Out of Control & Homicidal Police

Out of Control & Homicidal Police

A former member
Post #: 2
With the Seattle Police requiring intervention from the Justice Department doesn't anyone
believe in a zero tolerance policy for abusive and homicidal police? I don't live in Seattle
and understand the fact that the police are left to their own devices with regard to policing,
but doesn't that scare anyone? As a victim of complicated crime I know how ill equipped ,
and limited the police are , but shouldn't they admit that and ask for assistance from the
innumerable resources at their disposal ? I blame legislators and the entire field of psychiatry
for the condition the police and our society is in , but don't average citizens have a responsibility
to their fellows ? Certainly the Seattle Police's DOJ oversight is a result of community action ,
but is it enough? When an officer clearly goes out of bounds why is there such a resistance to
simply firing that individual ? Notwithstanding benefits of the doubt , how many times should an
officer assault and verbally assault an innocent man and keep his job? My answer is once is too
many times . How many millions of dollars is the city of Seattle actually willing to pay for the
right of an officer to yell at an innocent man "I'm going to stomp the Mexican piss out of you"
while assaulting him?
Those in the medical profession have realized victims of malpractice much prefer an apology
and corrective steps to lawsuits and clinics and hospitals are becoming inclined to avoid litigation
by admitting their mistakes and fixing them.
I don't buy the excuse that the police are "only human" or have difficult jobs. I am quite certain they
are reactive by nature and because of this panic at critical times. The officer that killed the woodcarver
in Seattle panicked and filled the man full of holes. I also don't believe that officers who have to fire their
weapons should be allowed to kill in cold blood vs. disabling the individual . There is an all or none
policy which needs to be challenged , there is no excuse why a knife wielding and especially a
suicidal (which is very common) suspect should end up dead for his psychosis if there is no one
in his immediate vicinity.