addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Secret Handshake Message Board › Winnipeg Job opportunities

Winnipeg Job opportunities

Ryan N.
user 13077046
Winnipeg, MB
Post #: 2
I'm a little late to the game, but Gush is hiring remote workers in Canada.

We're looking for full-time ui/ux desigers, as well as mac/ios/web developers. We pay top rate for top talent.

Anyone interested see getgush.com/jobs
Rheal P.
user 14086048
Winnipeg, MB
Web-based application developer
This isn’t just about writing code.

It’s about finding creative, flexible, scalable solutions. It’s about writing elegant work that is rock solid and absolutely meets the customer’s business needs.

We need to be able to say, “How can we make this work,” and you make it work. We need you to find better ways to do the things we already do. We need your experience in websites, web-based operations, applications and custom software systems that address complex data strategies.

You’ll be carving out a new niche in our company. You will have the opportunity to work with a team on unique projects that engage a variety of media. In return, you will enrich our team and broaden our ability to impress our customers.

Avenue Four is a very busy marketing communications firm with offices in Winnipeg and Montreal. Our range of customized services includes variable data communication, marketing materials, print and production, web design, custom software solutions and much more.

We work in a LAMP solution stack. We use different frameworks, various APIs and code using semantic markup, media queries and AJAX. Your skill set doesn’t need to match this exactly, but you need to be able to work with it and keep pushing us forward on new technology.

Send your resume and a cover letter stating salary expectations to Aliaxey Kharytanovich at Avenue Four Communications Group 100-1700 Ellice Ave, Winnipeg, MB, R3H 0B1 or by email to aliaxey(at)avenue4(dot)com. No phone calls please.
Leanne S.
4letterw0rd
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 15
"Score Advertising, is looking to pick up a Designer to help complete some work on custom modules and components they are doing in Joomla. Someone who can do a really good front end UI."

Job description here.

Other info:
"....The designs can be done in photo shop, not in the actual Joomla CMS, we just need good designs programming can then code to. Though the designs can be in any design program....the designer has to understand how modules work/can be designed.....whether that be Joomla or WordPress.
Basically then are designing what one or two web pages of a module will look like. From there if the look is good we may order 5 "skin" or variations of those pages/look. Sort of how a CMS template comes in a few different variations or colors."

Email: employment@ scoreadvertising.com

Leanne S.
4letterw0rd
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 16
Here are 2 new job posts via the New Media Manitoba mailing list:

-----------WordPress Developer / Designer Needed--------------

Velocity is expanding and is need of a warm body with talent. There is currently no close date, but they have already begun their first round of interviews.

If you are interested, please contact us and submit your resumé to careers @velocitybranding.com

The developer should have a strong understanding of WordPress development, from design through programming and implementation. Responsibilities will include working with a design team, developing fully-customized WordPress websites, deploying websites, troubleshooting. Must be familiar with available plugins and have experience writing and modifying plugins.

Understanding design for web, knowledge of web standards, trends, innovations, are all super good things to know. WordPress preferred, but knowledge of other platforms is an asset.

Specific Skills:
HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, JQuery, PHP, MySQL, XML, Adobe Suite

Less Critical Skills:
Facts about sharks and other ocean predators

For more information, see their website.

--------------Flash Developer Required to be Awesome-----------------

Project Whitecard Inc. is a world-leading developer of interactive 3D environments and is a fun place to work. We have clients such as the Canadian Space Agency and NASA, and we work with leading 3D technologies, including Augmented Reality, to create cutting-edge software products.

We currently have an opportunity in Winnipeg for an individual to work as a Flash Developer within our game-development team. The ideal candidate would be skilled in ActionScript.

Tasks:

Requirements Analysis
Design
Project Communication
Implementation
Working together with development and research staff
The ideal candidate will possess:

Technical degree or commensurate experience
Excellent programming skills, mainly with Flash
Experience in object oriented software engineering
Experience with MS SharePoint
Analytic and Strategic Abilities
High level of motivation
Project management an asset
If you feel that your superior programming skills and abilities can be of value to our organization, then this may be the opportunity for you.

We look forward to hearing from you and welcome you to send your resume and available work examples to don @projectwhitecard.com. We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.

Leanne S.
4letterw0rd
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 17
Shopify is looking for a Software Developer for their new Winnipeg office.

Job details here.
A former member
FREELANCERS NEEDED!!!

Hey people, I've got a few agencies barking, they need our help.

- DMT grads
- graphic designers (print design, possibly with a knack for video)
- Developers (.net asp maybe even some Cold Fusion)

Leave a quick reply to this message if you're interested.
I'll connect you to the client and you can take it from there!

Hi Leanne,
I'm still out there beating the streets looking for work... not getting a lot of luck at it either... I must be going to the wrong places :(
A former member
Hi Michael,

You're probably going to mostly the right places, but all the stars and planets haven't aligned yet.

Just keep at it, and you will achieve your goal soon.
A former member
Post #: 3
Hi Michael,

You're probably going to mostly the right places, but all the stars and planets haven't aligned yet.

Just keep at it, and you will achieve your goal soon.

Thanks Dan,
I hope they align soon ;) I even joined OFE to see if they might help out with my resume and job leads :)
Leanne S.
4letterw0rd
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 18
Michael, Dan is completely right. Keep at it, and the right opportunity will come your way.

Please email me a list of which types of positions you're looking for, and your skills/resume so I can have it on hand. Recruiters often email me, and with over 400 Secret Handshake members it's difficult to remember who does what, and who is looking for work.

So yes, email me! Leanne @fourletterword.com

Also, I hope you can come out to the event this Thurs. Get some encouragement from the group, and hopefully find a few leads!

:)
A former member
Post #: 13
Hello,

My employer, FBC Communications is looking for a Front End Web Developer.

We’re hoping to find a web developer who enjoys collaborating with others to provide business value to join our Web development team. Excellent HTML, CSS and JavaScript skills are required, as is a love for learning new technologies and work skills.

This is a great opportunity to learn and work with a variety of web technologies with other expert web designers/developers in a supportive and stimulating environment.

Kinds of tasks the successful candidate will perform on the job:

• Collaborate with UX lead & other team members to create usable front-ends to various web-based systems
  • Convert website designs into standards-based HTML, CSS & JavaScript
  • Convert newsletter designs into newsletter templates that work well in all email clients

To that end, we expect that any candidates need to meet the following criteria:

• Proficiency with javaScript and jQuery
  • Expertise with HTML & CSS
  • Interest in learning to work with various JavaScript libraries and frameworks
  • Interest in learning version control with Git
  • Interest in learning to implement WordPress themes

You will get an opportunity to get experience with, and learn about the following from experienced colleagues:
( Previous experience with these will be considered an asset )

• JavaScript design patterns
  • JavaScript MV* frameworks
  • WordPress theme design & development
  • Adobe Creative Suite
  • Responsive web design and implementation techniques
  • UI frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrap
  • Version control with Git
  • Email newsletter templates

Why we like being the FBC Communications Web Dev team

FBC Communications offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package ( health, dental, pension ). We get to work in a team with other expert Web developers in a mature, supportive, stimulating and collaboratively managed environment. We work with cutting edge web technologies and grow professionally in the direction of our choice. We work for Canada’s largest agricultural media publishing company on projects that provide value to a large number of external and internal clients.

We love to experiment to find the best technology solutions for the jobs we need to get done, and appreciate that this is viewed as a valuable investment into forming our technical opinion, which is valued when making technological decisions.

We look forward to having you on the team!

Please apply through our Workopolis job ad: http://www.workopolis...­