addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Memphis Freethought Alliance Message Board › What unpluged you from religous dogma

What unpluged you from religous dogma

Shay
Orwells1984
Memphis, TN
Post #: 2
For me, it was having debatable conversations with my older brother about the origin of Christianity...I was a 'holy roller' at the time and could never come up with answers to his critical thinking religious questions...he would actually say stuff that made me pause and think about what it was I was actually following....i had to be honest with myself and admit that 'scripture quoting' didn't make any sense if wasn't backed up y logic....I got frustrated and started researching and learining and slowly but surely, I became unafraid to 'think outside the box'....

Not sure if any of you all have ever saw the documentary 'Zeitgeist' ( if you haven;t you definatley should!!) but when I saw it, I was mind boggeled!!! I was actually numb for a few days...

From there, Religion was a done deal for me

A former member
Post #: 36
Hi y'all - you were born an atheist so you have simply returned to your roots. Well done!
A former member
Post #: 1
I lost faith in God after marriage but still mention him in certain expletives