addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sewing with Style Message Board › New fabric store in town

New fabric store in town

Susan M.
user 5794175
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
There's a new fabric store just opened August 8th. They're called Texstyles and they're on 2605 Jones Rd. which is two blocks south of Ben White off of Westgate (turn left at Jones Rd if you're going south on Westgate and the shop is on the left next to the karate school. I just stopped in last night and met the owner Benson. He's a really sweet guy and really knowledgeable. He travels to LA once every month or two and picks up end of run fabric from designer houses. Gorgeous stuff!!

Most of it is sold as seperate pieces (like remnants, but really fabulous remnants) that he has hanging on hangers. Some of the pieces may have been cut into at the edges but he only charges for the part that is whole. So say the peice measures 1 1/2 yards at the selvedge but there is a pattern peice cut out of the last 1/2 yard, he'll only charge you for 1 yard but you get the extra that you can use for your small pattern pieces. There are a few fabrics available by the yard off bolts.

Right now he has a ton of knit fabrics in stock - plenty of solids in great colors and plenty of prints too. Lot's of cotton silk jersey, cotton, rayon and some quality polyester too. The contents are not marked on the pieces but he'll be able to tell you what they are. He will also take requestes for next time he's out in LA. He'll try to find you what you need. They're open from 10-10 every day.
Malissa L.
mlssfshn
Haysville, KS
Post #: 66
I have to agree, great place, one of a kind fabrics, and awesome hours. Price range from $3-9 per yd if I remember correctly with most between $5-7. He also want to open a north store and eventually San Antonio. He refuses to carry cotton prints which I don't mind and don't blame him either that market is saturated.